Mom starts Hospice today!!

sharleeAugust 10, 2005

After a stroke two years ago Mom has had dementia & is now in a hospital bed at her Adult Care Home. Her eating habits have been poor for a long time & now only takes sips of Ensure & a little water.

We've gone through all that goes along with dementia & it's been hard seeing her decline. If she weighs 80# I'd be surprised. She seems pretty comfortable to me & before I go today wanted to ask for prayers.

I'm a little tired as Dad died two weeks ago, but maybe this is a "good tired" as it's a relief to have some assistance from Hospice.

God knows what he's doing....these two parents had not been married for some 40yrs, but always asked about each other.

Thank you, Sharlee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lasershow

Hello Sharlee,

Hospice will be a great source of comfort and support to both your mother and you. Mom's hospice nurse was available any time (she gave me her cell and home numbers) so whenever I had a question, I just called her directly. She was very direct, but compassionate.

Blessings to you and your family.

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 3:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nora8

Sharlee, You and your dear Mom are in my thoughts and prayers. Hospice is such a blessing...they are there to give comfort for your Mom as she leaves her earthly home. Also will be there for you. May God give you the strength in the days to come. God Bless, Nora

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
Caretaker of a different sort...
Hi all, new to this forum, but not garden web. Reading...
brodyjames_gw
RX Relief Discount Card
I phoned the number on the card and the recorded greeting...
Grampy_Mark
Sundowning
Please forgive me if this has already been covered...
hoovergal
incessant throat clearing
Ok, I feel guilty even posting this, but I am desperate...
coolbeansw
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™