Florida Tile and US Ceramics Subway Tile Quality

motherof3inctFebruary 26, 2013

We are planning to gut our master and hall bathrooms to the studs for a total renovation. I am in the process of finalizing my bathroom selections. I plan to use subway tile in both bathrooms. For the master, I am thinking of using Florida Tile Streamline 3x6 subway tile in Simply Gray. For the hall bath, I have selected US Ceramics 3x6 subway tile (or 4x10 tile if I'm daring) in Tender Gray.

Because we are tackling both renovations at the same time, our budget is tight. My local tile shop has quoted me $4 sq ft for the Florida Tile and $4.50 for the US Ceramics. I don't see the Florida Tile sold online at a discount, however, I believe the US Ceramics is sold at Home Depot for approx $2.60 sq ft. I prefer to us local businesses instead of box stores, but I need to take $ savings into consideration.

Is there an online source for Florida Tile?

Is the tile the same quality at Home Depot? My tile guy told me that the tile Home Depot sells are seconds that tile shops reject, but I'm not sure if he meant all tile or just specific lines.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sloyder

I looked at the home depot tiles a month or so ago, and was not impressed with them. I am going with Daltile Rittenhouse Square, got some samples last week and they are beautiful. Special Order through Home Depot is $35.25 for a 12.5 sqft box.

Here is a link that might be useful: subway tile

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
Prevent damage-remove and apply polish to your fingernails/toenails
I am concerned about damage to porcelain floor tile...
risforremodel
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Shower screen
I am looking to change my bathroom from a separate...
timcar
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
encaustic tile install?
I've fallen in love with these tiles but am completely...
daisychain01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™