27' wall oven

lollapallooFebruary 4, 2012

Hello! First time poster. Have been researching wall ovens here and conclude it's not wise to use the self-clean. What's the latest on best 27" (electric) single wall ovens? Thinking about the Elux and am disappointed no ICON in that size. Who likes Monogram Advantium 120V? Miele? Thanks for your input!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nerdyshopper

I was thinking about using a Bosch 27" to replace our GE Profile which is faltering. Ours has contact problems that keep it from responding to the buttons until I press each button on the paned hoping it will start working. I think it is the old self-cleaning plague that is a problem with the newer electronic oven controls. Then I read the post that came a couple after yours where the poster's sister has a 2 year old double oven Bosch in which both ovens are inoperable. Doesn't sound like proper quality control/design for something costing thousands.

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 3:51PM
risotto

I have a 27" Miele Chef Series that I have had for about 2 years. I think it's a great oven. It cooks well and evenly and I would buy it again.

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 8:41PM
eugenie11

I have Electrolux 27" Wave Touch double ovens and aside from slightly uneven cooking - really, I only notice it in my cookies, I make very thin sliced varieties, and so the uneven heat is perhaps more noticeable as some darken on the cookie sheet more than others (maybe any oven would do this) - but I am otherwise happy with them (they don't particularly match the styling on my SubZero, but that is my fault).

Like you, I was at first disappointed the Icon models only came in 30" - I liked the styling better - but after reading some of the alarming stories here of problems with the Icon models, I guess I'm glad I got the Wave Touch. So far haven't read any bad reviews here - most people love them.

They are reasonably priced (compared to Miele and Dacor), they have glide racks on upper and lower shelves, their interior space is generous for a 27" and their customer service, based on reviews here, seems pretty good.

My experience with choosing appliances is that everything came down to trade offs between price, styling, specs, etc. Nothing was perfect (except that SubZero!)

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
ge 36 inch duel fuel monogram cannot be repaired
After ten years my GE Monogram has been rendered useless,...
Mb
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™