Help identifying moss rose teacup

CakePieNovember 24, 2012

I've inherited some teacups from my great grandmother, and I have searched and searched to find out what two of them are.

The cups are unmarked they have a kind of scalloped feel on the cup itself and on the bottom. They have gold on the top and the handle, no motif inside and they are sort of see trough if I hold them up to the light.

The only thing I was able to find out is that the pattern looks like "moss rose".

Sorry for the poor image, I'll try to take a better one soon!


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Guessing it's a made in Japan item....that had a paper label at one time. Maybe1920. 1910 to

    Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 10:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hmm I see. That makes it kind of difficult to find any similar cups. Thank you for the input :)

    Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 4:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Not necessarily......lots of companies in different countries made a moss rose pattern for lots of years.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Japan moss Rose cup and saucer

    Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 5:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I haven't yet seen any cup that looked like the two I have.

Ah, thank you for the link. I have looked there however and there was nothing to find. Sigh. Appears "my cups" were never really popular.

    Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 3:08PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Rosenthal China Pattern?
I stumbled upon this fine china bowl by Rosenthal,...
Need Help to ID Native American Jewelry Bracelet
I picked this up at local garage sale and thought it...
Help with print
Have some one seen this name on artwork or know of...
Are garage sales a thing of the past?
Years ago when my mom and I had garage sales, our yard...
Antique/Retro Fridge Loud Vibration noise
My retro 1946 Frigidaire fridge started making very...
Tina Jansen
Sponsored Products
Dale Tiffany Brazilian Rose Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Dublin Rectangular Tray
Classic Hostess
Serta Perfect Sleeper Luminous Euro Top Queen Mattress and Foundation Set
Brick LED Downunder Outdoor Recessed wall Lamp by SLV
$54.00 | Lumens
Earth Tones Braided Rug 5' x 8' - NATURAL
$349.00 | Horchow
Crosley Newport Buffet Server with Wine Storage - KF42001CCH
$399.00 | Hayneedle
Torino Bouquet Rose Rectangular: 5 ft. 3 in. x 7 ft. 10 in. Rug
$229.00 | Bellacor
Natural Raise The Bar Stretch Recliner Slipcover
$39.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™