Parkinsons Disease

lindajewellAugust 9, 2008

If any of you here suffer from Parkinsons I would like to "talk" with you. Or if you are a caregiver for someone with PD, I would like to chat with you also.

My brother has PD and is in late stages, in a nursing home and is turning 60 on Aug. 21. There are times I almost can't bear to see him as it breaks my heart so much. Overall though I have found an "outlet" that is helping me work through my emotions and helping others in the process. I have become more involved in the fight to find a cure, in "educating" others, like the nursing home staff! and so on...........

If you would be so kind as to email me from here I would like your input so I can continue to fight for all PD patients and others with neurological disorders.

If you want to chat openly here that is fine also, the choice is yours but I could use your help!

Thank you for your time,

Linda J

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindyg1

Hi Linda, I'm 49 years old and have had PD for 6 - 8 years. How can I help you?

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 11:46PM
lindajewell

First off I am sorry to hear you are diagnosed with early onset PD, my brother was 41 when he was diagnosed but we suspect he had PD for at least a year before going to the doctor.
I have joined the Parkinson's Action Network and am taking on the fight in my area to push Congressman and Senators for more funding for research on PD and all neuro. disorders. What I would like from other PD patients is just info on your feelings, your hopes for the future, your thoughts on the research that is being done, how PD has affected your life to this point. Things like that.........I can site my brother and his life, but I feel I will be more effective in my fight if I hear from others because PD hits everyone differently and I obviously do not know all, other than a cure must be found!
I have been through a lot with my brother in the past year and a half due to ignorance in the medical community. I won't go in to it all here, but sufice it to say this fueled my desire to fight for PD patients everywhere.
Any info you feel comfortable sharing will be helpful in expanding my knowledge of PD.

Bookmark   August 20, 2008 at 7:08AM
cindyg1

Linda, I'll be happy to talk w/ you. The phone is much easier for as typing is difficult. Send me an email to cindyg1958@yahoo.com and I'll send you my number.

Bookmark   August 21, 2008 at 12:23AM
lindajewell

Sent you an email, will wait to hear from you and I must say I am looking forward to "meeting" you!

Bookmark   August 22, 2008 at 9:45AM
cindyg1

Can't find the email.. can you send it again?

Bookmark   August 23, 2008 at 5:39PM
cindyg1

Found it, it was in my spam folder. I've responded.

Bookmark   August 23, 2008 at 5:55PM
More Discussions
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
trouble getting in and out of bed
My 90 year old 4'10" arthritic Mom is getting...
patrice607
Caretaker of a different sort...
Hi all, new to this forum, but not garden web. Reading...
brodyjames_gw
incessant throat clearing
Ok, I feel guilty even posting this, but I am desperate...
coolbeansw
Ordering From Canada
My experience is they would quote a 16 day delivery...
mxyplux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™