cell phones for seniors

margadAugust 27, 2008

I am looking for a very simple cell phone without bells and whistles. Has anyone tried the Jitterbug? If so, do they like it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It should have large numbers.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindajewell

I am not sure about Jitterbug but I can tell you that Verizon offers a phone for seniors, has larger numbers and very few bells and whistles......just the basics and it is not so small that it is hard to hold. I looked at the phone for my brother with PD, did not work for him because of the PD, but looked like a nice phone for the elderly.

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 8:24AM
lindajewell

I just heard an ad on the radio for AT&T and they not only have a phone for seniors they also have a special plan for people 65 and over.........I would check all the options out and then you can make your choice.

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 10:51AM
ericasj

I got a Kyocera K7 Rave phone with Virgin Mobile's pay-as-you-go service just like DH and I have. You can still buy them refurbished very cheap on the Virgin Mobile site; they are very basic. The buttons are not large, but my mother has no trouble punching them with a pencil eraser.

The great thing is, she is very hard of hearing but can hear better on this phone than on her hard-wired ones. There is one friend she only calls on the cell now, because the friend kind of mumbles. ;)

The minimum to keep the account current is $15 every 90 days.

Bookmark   August 29, 2008 at 8:20PM
stargazzer

I love the pay as you go phones. I also like things simple, but am managing ok with my Motorola.

Bookmark   August 29, 2008 at 9:19PM
vala55

I read in our local paper that consumers are getting tired of the contracts they have to sign and are going to prepaid. My cost is between $7. to $10 a month and the minutes roll over. I pay $100. a year, so I don't have to remember to renew the minutes so often. At that price I can't text or surf. I never use all of my minutes so I use it for long distance. I ordered T-Mobil To Go online and got a $125 phone for $30. I also carry the cell with me around the house in case of an emergency, you know, "I've fallen and can't get up". LOL

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 4:48PM
mariend

Be aware that Just 5 does not provide service. You have to take the SIM card out of your phone and put it into the Just5 phone. Also to get help with the SOS button on the back, 5 numbers must be programed into the phone. I would go with Verzon or another known company.

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 4:49PM
patrice607

My elderly parents have jitterbugs. They are very simple phones but not cheap. 2 lines cost $65/month. I'm looking for better options.

Bookmark   September 28, 2014 at 10:44PM
More Discussions
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
Ordering From Canada
My experience is they would quote a 16 day delivery...
mxyplux
Caretaker of a different sort...
Hi all, new to this forum, but not garden web. Reading...
brodyjames_gw
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
trouble getting in and out of bed
My 90 year old 4'10" arthritic Mom is getting...
patrice607
Sponsored Products
Nature Power Path & Landscape Lights 1-Light Solar Bronze Step Lights (4-Pack)
$47.95 | Home Depot
Kenroy Home Seriously Solar Black Micro Light String Mount
$54.00 | LuxeDecor
Barrow Chesterfield Sofa
FRONTGATE
Island Dreams Athena 12-inch Full-size Memory Foam Mattress
Overstock.com
Cherry GroVert Vertical Planter Frame Kit
$79.99 | zulily
Little Tikes Picnic on the Patio Plastic Playhouse - 403U
$349.99 | Hayneedle
Home Decorators Collection Blinds & Shades Cut-to-Width Parchment 9/16 in.
Home Decorators Collection
Lithonia 2x2 Parabolic Troffer, 9 Cell, 2 lamp, 32W T8 U-Bend, Single Ballast
LBC Lighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™