Which color Kohler?

mdp0430February 7, 2013

We're going to purchase a Kohler Mendota soaker. I thought everyone just chose White, which coincidentally also appears to be the cheapest. But there are similar off-whites, such as "ice gray," "almond," and "biscuit." We've decided to just do a basic white subway tile in the alcove.

Are there any advantages to choosing any other color than white? Will the white tub appear dirtier than the other colors?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasuretheday

We have used Kohler Biscuit (and Toto's matching Sedona Beige) because White is too cool/stark in our bathrooms. Biscuit is a creamy off-white that is not as dark as almond. It has a warmer look and many (probably most!) people do prefer the crisp look of true white. It really depends on the look you're going for and the color of the tile and other elements that you'll have in the room. With so many shades of white out there, I wouldn't commit to the tub color until you've chosen your tile.

This post was edited by treasuretheday on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 18:22

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 6:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ErinC

If you're doing a true white subway tile you should do a white tub, IMO. I think the contrast between the tub and any other color would make the tub look dirty. I don't think there is any advantage to the other colors.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 6:35PM
More Discussions
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™