Help me appraise this chair!

james.brincefieldOctober 24, 2011

I came across this chair a few months back. It looked old and I wanted to find out more information about it. I haven't been able to find anything helpful online. All I know is that it was made by Stanley Furniture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chair

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

It's not "old"....just used furniture....worth...as used furniture....maybe $75 on Craig's list.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 12:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karinl

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder in that era. Though the chair itself is not unappealing, the walnut stain is possibly the dullest brown stain available, and the combination with that fabric, which might be nice in other contexts, is really uninspiring. The fingers itch to maybe paint it and put a different fabric with it; it could be made to look quite special. Looks comfy and actually is a nice size of chair.

Idle aside... my parents bought some furniture in this approximate style from Sears in 1971 (although I gauge this item to be a bit older). We believe that their set is not even real wood; it seems to be plastic, if you can believe it. The pieces weigh a ton, and as my parents are not of the mindset that redecorates regularly, have lasted all these years. The couch eventually went to landfill last year, but the chairs are soldiering on and on and on. Oh, and the fabric on their set? Vinyl.

Karin L

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 12:53PM
More Discussions
Tapestry
Hi there, my husband and I inherited this tapestry...
colleen3684
Wood antique furniture one chest of drawers .
Trying to remove the grit coat off of the stain without...
Hanna
Help with age and materials of chair
I just purchased this chair, used, with the idea of...
mikejillnelson
Name on artwork
I just got this photo today, have you ever hear of...
Dones
Sponsored Products
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Casablanca Holliston DC 60 in. Snow White Ceiling Fan C31U1
Home Depot
Labyrinth Area Rug II
Home Decorators Collection
Moreno Transparent Clear Acrylic Modern Chair (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Lazy Susan Cholla Ceramic Pendant
$130.00 | LuxeDecor
Recycled Plastic Adirondack Tete-a-Tete - C426BLK
Hayneedle
Isola 7-pc. Rectangular Outdoor Dining Set, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Louie Leather Chair - Brighton Soul White White
Joybird Furniture
Floating Medallions Runner 2' 6" x 12' - BLUE
$349.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™