Dark floor in small bathroom wrong??

texanniewFebruary 16, 2012

Our master bath is tiny and right off the master bedroom. It's literally a corner shower, toilet and vanity. The vanity is relatively new, all white with white marble top. The shower is all white tile. The walls are all sheet rock so can be painted any color.

we are replacing the floor. i don't really want to go with white. I am really leaning towards a dark brown porcelain tile. whatever tile i use will covered up for the most part by a bath rug. i figure i can paint the walls whatever color blends with the bedroom. will the dark floors close it up? look wrong?

http://www.crossvilleinc.com/products/porcelain_stone/color_blox_ec/e1116-caboose

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

I like the idea of a dark floor. It probably should have a little tonal variation so that it hides lint, etc. I think dark floors ground a room.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 9:41AM
cat_mom

We did a dark floor in our tiny MB and it looks really great! Doesn't make room look small, in fact, it makes a nice impact (IMHO).

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 10:35AM
pricklypearcactus

I have a powder room with dark gray/silver/charcoal/black Ostrich Gray Slate floors, white fixtures, white trim, white walls. I absolutely love the look. Personally, I'd probably keep the walls a lighter color, but white is certainly not a necessity. I think you'll be fine with dark floors.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 10:36AM
brianadarnell

I did a dark floor in two tiny bathrooms and I love it.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 1:16PM
deedles

We have dark wood (!) in one bathroom and black hexagonal tile in the other. Both teeny tiny BR's. Looks great. You'll be fine.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 5:57PM
More Discussions
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™