Interesting article

agnespuffinJuly 22, 2006

I was sent this article. I wondered if any of you agreed with this. There may be something to it as even though my mother and aunt ate a lot, there was no great weight gain. I really couldn't say if they had LOST weight, but they certainly didn't put it on in spite of eating well.

The way I figure it, at the rate that I am putting on the excess pounds, I don't need to worry. I am at least safe for the next ten years. After that, I won't care!! (Big Grin here!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible AD warning sign???????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
derryw

Hi Aileen,
This is interesting. I can see why it occurs once the disease is established...with the apathy,decline in ability to cook, or remember recipies, or to shop, and finally with the loss of ability to chew, swallow, etc. But preceeding the illness, is odd to me. Suggests to me that there may be a metabolic component, or genetic tendency for wt loss during the years that many are putting on weight. I do know, that in my Dad's family, people lost weight in their 70's and 80's, and were quite thin by the mid 80's. An observation he followed. In a way, looking forward to being a size 10 again!!
Derry

Bookmark   July 25, 2006 at 2:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

Derry, I think I agree. That may be what this research will show. I am sure that some of the women gained weight as they "matured" and then began to lose it as something changed the metabolic rate. It probablly would have something to do with where the plaque first formed in the brain.

Bookmark   July 25, 2006 at 8:39PM
More Discussions
Sundowning
Please forgive me if this has already been covered...
hoovergal
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
RX Relief Discount Card
I phoned the number on the card and the recorded greeting...
Grampy_Mark
New to caregivers forum...
Hi, folks... I have been a Gardenweb member for eons,...
junebug1961
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™