Master Bath Layout

sirraf69February 22, 2014

Sorry everyone. I couldn't find my original post. I went through so many designs and I have one final one for opinions/suggestions. This one has a 12'6"X6'6" closet(minus linen closet on lower left corner), 6'8"X3'6" toilet room, 5'6"X3'6" shower, 5' pedestal tub, 6' double bowl vanity and linen cabinet. There is 41" of room between vanity and shower/toilet room.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

I forget what your previous last design was too. But, if I remember correctly (having just said I forgot...LOL), you had more counter space in your last version. For me, that seems that very little actual counter space for such a large BR. You will basically have two X 3foot vanities. In our Master BR which is tiny, I just replaced the old 36" vanity with a 40" all drawers. I know it doesn't seem like much, but by going to a kitchen height, kitchen depth counter and adding those 4", I will be doubling my useable counter space. Is your tub going to be free-standing? Is there any reason you are not extending your counter/vanity to go right up to edge of tub?

Is that long wall of your shower going to be all glass?

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 12:21PM
sirraf69

It is actually the same size vanity as the last layout. They just look different in this one. We had a 6' vanity in our last house and it seemed to have plenty of counter space for us. The tub will be freestanding and we may could make the vanity a little longer. We would have a pony/knee wall on the shower.

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 7:15PM
mydreamhome

How wide is your linen cabinet? Ours is 18" wide and has more than enough space inside for towels, washcloths, toiletries, etc. I would maybe reduce the linen cabinet size a little and add more counter space.

The only other issue I see is the inswing door on the toilet room--for safety reasons it needs to be an outswing.

From what I can see of the other bathroom that backs up to the master closet, it looks a little tight. Can you pull a few more inches from the hallway? In a small bathroom its amazing the difference a few inches makes.

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™