Basco Shower Doors - Anyone?

Mick MickFebruary 20, 2012

Hi!

Are you familiar with Basco Shower Enclosures/Doors? What are your thoughts?

My budget is miniscule - $500-600 for the door and installation. So, I pretty much think this is it.

I want a semi-frameless sliding door to fit a 41" by 65" shower enclosure.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Not certain of the quality of the Basco doors but if that is your budget and they fit that budget anything else in the same price range I am pretty sure will be of similar quality.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 7:56AM
tuesday_2008

I have two sets of Basco shower doors. One set is almost 30 years old - sliders on a tub/shower combo; the other almost 16 years old - swing-out on a shower with stationary side panels. They are excellent doors.

Will be replacing the 30 year old set soon when I do a total bath remodel; they are still in good shape, with minimal etching on the glass and stainless frames from well water.

The newer set (16 years old) looks as good as the day they were installed.

I will replace the old set with Basco. You can get a good set for $600 if you stay with a stainless frames and a fairly basic glass. I priced ORB frames and a rain-wash type glass which raised the price significantly - can't remember what it was.

I was shopping at a bathroom fixture gallery. You may find them cheaper - not sure if the "big box" stores carry Basco.

Tuesday

Tuesday

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 10:58AM
Mick Mick

Hi Tuesday! Thanks for the info. I couldn't find a review online and wanted to try here for information.

I believe you can special order at a big box store. I will go through a local plumbing supply store or order online. I think I want to upgrade to the stain/water spot resistant (?) glass.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 3:47PM
tuesday_2008

I just did a distributor search on the Basco site and they are mostly sold in bathroom and plumbing supply shops, but Lowe's is also a distributor. Do your homework at the bathroom store before going to Lowes - make sure you are comparing apples to apples. That is what I plan to do.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 4:47PM
EnolaEagle

Definately try a plumbing supplier and sometimes they can recomend factory trained installers for your installation or search google for bathroom contractors in your area :)

Todd Stull
Enola, PA

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™