ISO: 'Dry' shampoo recommendation

bamasueJune 16, 2011

Looking for a brand name recommendation for a male. Would prefer it be scent-free and just do a good job of cleaning. I am my husband's caregiver. He is wheelchair bound and it is becoming increasingly difficult to shampoo his hair. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

You might check at a pharmacy, beauty supply store, medical supply place. Does he keep it short? How often do you have to wash his hair? Look also in the baby area.

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 10:18PM
squirrelspur

I've used the brand No-Rinse Shampoo for my mother-in-law. Very easy to use - just lather and towel dry. It does have a slight scent but it is a clean scent rather than a perfume scent.

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 3:06PM
bamasue

Thank you both so much for responding. He does have short hair (I'm his barber, as well) and I have generally shampooed his hair once a week the traditional way. However, his neuropathy is beginning to further weaken his back muscles to the point that his upper torso is not as stable as it once was. So, I was thinking that a dry shampoo for alternate weeks might be helpful. I will look for the No-Rinse brand, squirrelspur, and thank you!

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 2:00PM
More Discussions
Live In Caregiver having to give up bed for visiting family
I am a LIVE IN Caregiver for a senior with Alzheimer's....
mangomoon
After 40 Years
40 years have passed, average age 81, and she is in...
mxyplx
Do you ever have a day that just goes well?
Today was one of those days. I was at mom's to get...
junebug1961
Medicare & Lidocaine Patches
My 90 y.o. mom has been using Lidocaine patches for...
patrice607
Severe dementia in several weeks
This is my first post to Caregivers. I'm not comfortable...
Roodles123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™