Miele Chef Oven Update

sarendsFebruary 7, 2013

We bought a floor model Miele 30" Chef Oven about three weeks ago. All good so far.

Tested temperature yesterday - set to 350 and Oneida Digital probe on rack measured 341 - I ordered another thermometer to check it as well

All meals prepared by DW have been excellent - all getting done according to schedule and have been wonderful

Observation 1- the door of the oven does not get very warm at all when it is running - this is a pleasant surprise compared to ovens we have owned prior

Observation 2 - The timer is hard to set - you hold a digital arrow and it either goes too slow or too fast - it is very easy to go past where you want to set it at and then backing up is difficult.and only goes a max of 99 minutes.

Observation 3 - We knew this from our speed oven, micro and warming drawer, but DW is totally in love with the way the Miele stainless resists fingerprints.

I don't think we can do auto roast (there is no option for it in Chef model) which so many people love who have a Master Chef model - not sure we can replicate this or not - not even sure what auto roast does?

All in all, we are very happy with the purchase.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chac_mool

There was another question here about Auto Roast recently; you might search (below) for that.

IIRC, after putting your meat into a room temperature oven, you would set the roast temp well beyond what you want, to sear the outside for a bit, then turn the temp back to whatever you want to roast at (the default is 320F, I think). That's what Auto Roast does automatically in the Master Chef models. It does not use the probe.

I'm not sure how much hotter that initial searing temperature gets, or for how long before it returns to your normal roasting setting. Perhaps someone who uses this feature can tell us.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Which would you choose - Liebherr or Bosch?
Hi all: I'm in the market for a counter depth, 24",...
firefangle
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
Wolf gas/induction modules
We must make a commitment to appliances next week for...
judydenver
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
Sponsored Products
RION Furniture - Henry White Wash Arm Chair - GCHA119AWH-C
Great Furniture Deal
Soleil Curtain Panel
$19.99 | zulily
Fairmont Cherry Russet Stained Wood Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Art Virtuoso Botanical Softness Framed Art Print-P0034D-05829
Beyond Stores
Audra Acrylic Freestanding Tub
Signature Hardware