Your favorite interactive online caregiver forums?

arugulaJune 29, 2011

Hello all you lovely, tired caregivers~

Was wondering what sites you like for caregiver support. Obviously there's this one on Garden Web, which I use now and then.

I'm a blogger and get/give some support that way, but I find that forums are great for very specific questions, so would you be willing to share some of the ones that you find most helpful?

Because of my specific situation, I'm partial to those that focus on dementia and touch on parkinson's at least a bit. Here are a couple well organized ones I've used in the past that I found helpful:

http://www.dementiacarecentral.com/forum

http://alzheimers.infopop.cc/eve (They do have a section to talk about non-alzheimers dementia too.)

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dopamine Diaries Caregiver Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ogoopogo

spam spam spam...

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 11:57PM
dreamgarden

WHERE is the spam, ogoopogo?

I checked all three links and didn't find anything but OTHER caregiver type sites.

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 10:37AM
arugula

If I may speak for myself, the site I posted (my blog for caregivers) is not for profit, not for fame, not for any personal gain, ever.

I write to share with others and provide a forum for discussion. Most of the people who comment on my blog also have nonprofit caregiving sites and I support their work as well. If you can find anyone profitting or spamming from the link I provided, I NEED to know, because that is not my intention and I will end it immediately. I'm the author and am responsible for all the content. Its integrity is very important to me.

Thanks for listening!

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 5:39PM
sushipup1

There are lots of people on these forums who have blogs. You're fine, as long as you are following the Terms of Service that spell out what a business can or cannot do. If we didn't post about some of the Cooking blogs, I'd never get any new recipes!

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 7:41PM
breenthumb

Healthboards seems to have a forum for everything. Just like here, some more active than others.

Healthboards helped when I was rx'd with RA (arthritis) and I'd used them previously to help when sister's FIL had Alzheimers.

Sure wish I'd had a computer when I was caring for Mom with Alzheimers and Dad with Parkinson's. Would have helped so much to talk to others.

Here is a link that might be useful: Healthboards

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 11:46PM
arugula

Thanks for the info. on healthboards. I just got my mom into hospice last week, so although it's a sad time, I'm hoping the caregiving struggles will start ebbing a bit.

Two blogs I still follow are "Under My Wing" and "Mom's Brain", because both the authors have such a matter of fact, soothing tone to their writing, and yet aren't afraid to dive into heavy stuff. Sometimes I get overwhelmed on message boards, but I find them really helpful for specific questions as they arise.

Thanks again!

Bookmark   September 18, 2011 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
Need some good thoughts
I have been at the KT for many years,and think that...
sandiefl
Medicare & Lidocaine Patches
My 90 y.o. mom has been using Lidocaine patches for...
patrice607
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
Do you ever have a day that just goes well?
Today was one of those days. I was at mom's to get...
junebug1961
Practical Christmas gifts
the elderly in our family have all the tee shirts,...
bossyvossy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™