RX Relief Discount Card

Grampy_MarkJune 12, 2012

I phoned the number on the card and the recorded greeting did include something about mailing lists and opting to receive information from other marketing partners. When I finally reached a live person, I asked how they made their money if the card is free. The answer (which sounded like the rep was reading a script rather than having a conversation) was that with so many members (850,000), they can buy the drugs from the pharmaceutical companies for less. But, I said, you're not selling me the drugs, CVS is. The answer to this one was that there is a reimbursement from the drug companies to the pharmacies. It still doesn't explain how this company pays the rent. There's got to be more to it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

There's a long thread over in the Kitchen Table Forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Table

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 1:44PM
sunnyca_gw

My long time independent pharmacy just laughed when I showed them the card that was in Sun. paper & said, yes we take it, we just jack our prices up. It's no deal! This pharmacy is by far the cheapest 1 out in my area as I have been to many of them since my medicine was expensive. They managed to cut it by 2/3 of what I had been paying. They know me well. So the cards are a rip off!

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 1:15AM
JoeTut

I believe they compile what drugs are bought and sell that info to the drug co.

Bookmark   February 8, 2015 at 2:57PM
emma

Thank you for that info, I received one last week. I don't have insurance for drugs, I only use 2 prescriptions and the insurance would have cost more than the prescription does......or did.

Bookmark   February 11, 2015 at 5:26PM
More Discussions
how do i tell sil i am not taking her dm
MIL lived near us for years and years. She about drove...
caminnc
trouble getting in and out of bed
My 90 year old 4'10" arthritic Mom is getting...
patrice607
Do you ever have a day that just goes well?
Today was one of those days. I was at mom's to get...
junebug1961
incessant throat clearing
Ok, I feel guilty even posting this, but I am desperate...
coolbeansw
Information on chair stairlifts
My husband is 90 and we are wanting to have our tub...
lucienalta
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™