GE Monogram Rebate - Help!

backfromtokyoFebruary 13, 2013

I was wondering if anyone who owns a 36" GE Monogram range took advantage of their current offering where if you buy either a GE Monogram hood insert or Dishwasher you receive a $1000 rebate.

The vent insert by Monogram is mesh and I would really like a baffle insert. And at the same time I have read all the reviews about the GE Monogram dishwasher and don't want that either. I would rather go Bosch for the dishwasher. But I have to choose one of these to get the rebate.

However, I do like the GE Monogram range and if I had to choose to get the $1000 rebate - where would you sacrifice the hood insert or the dishwasher.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

If you don't want either then don't! I'm not familiar with their DW but I certainly wouldn't get a mesh hood. They're obviously offering the rebate to push products that they'd otherwise have difficulty selling and they're having some success since you're seriously considering it. The $1000 won't seem like much if you end up having problems with your choice.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 3:06PM
jellytoast

I agree with weissman, and it really bugs me that manufacturers try to entice you buy products that you don't need or want because it's the only way to get a discount. Why not just discount the range? I'm experiencing this same problem myself because I already have a new fridge and DW and just need the range, and most manufacturers make you buy two or more appliance before they reduce the price (Viking and Dacor are the exceptions AFAIK). But to get back to the question at hand ... I have a baffle hood and while I love the look of it and it functions well, it sure gets greasy looking in a hurry. I can't imagine waiting a month to throw the baffles in the DW like the manual suggests. I almost wish I had a hood that used the mesh filters because it looks like maybe they'd hide the mess better? I would expect my DW to be replaced before my range hood, so if I had to choose, I'd probably opt for the DW to get the rebate and get the range hood that I really wanted.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 4:06PM
PeterH2

Ah - "the more you spend, the more you save"!

My advice is don't be swayed by the gimmick - buy the appliances that you have decided are the best fit for your needs. You will have to live with them for years, and buyer's remorse is an ugly thing.

If you really insist on getting the rebate, get the dishwasher and sell it immediately on Craig's List or similar. But you'd need to do the math to see if you'd come out ahead doing that, and it's a lot of hassle.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
Need feedback on KOBE Range Hood
Hello! I'm looking at buying a KOBE range hood. The...
bblakeney
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
AGA Marvel Refrigerator - noisy?????
Hello GWrs....hoping one of you owns one of these things...
lisanoon
Problem with installing PHS920SFSS GE Slide-in induction range
Hi all, Has anyone installed the GE PHS920SFSS slide-in...
tsesung
Buy Wolf or Elux wall oven if don't use self clean?
I've read all the horror stories about the blue enamel...
golfergirl29
Sponsored Products
GE Billiard Lights 6 in. Battery Operated LED Under Cabinet Utility Light
$12.97 | Home Depot
Blue And Red "K" Striped Monogram Kids Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
GE Profile PEB7226DF Countertop Microwave Oven
Overstock.com
Heirloom Old Bronze One-Light 11-Foot Cord Pendant with Small Flared Metal
$354.00 | Bellacor
GE Under Cabinet Lighting White 18 in. Fluorescent Light Fixture 10113
$32.97 | Home Depot