Prayer Circle

mimi427June 9, 2005

I'm unfamiliar with prayer circles...can someone tell me how this works??? Thanks, Mimi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heydeborah

Hi Mimi! How's your day going? Good i hope! Well i think we started the prayer circle about a year ago, it seems like when things are going bad, or we're having a bad time or just because, one of us will suggest a prayer circle, we just pick a day and time and at that time, doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing (You can even be grocery shopping) you just start praying for a loved one, or people in this forum or soldiers overseas, people we don't know, it doesn't matter, we figure the more folks we have praying at the same time, might just give us more strength and it just plain makes us feel good! As i said in my other post, there is no need to sign up or anything, you just pray at the day and time posted! well i'm off to the back yard again, oh, that grass needs cutting again, just did it 4 days ago, thought that's we had kids, so that they would do it! - lol debbie

Bookmark   June 9, 2005 at 12:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mimi427

Hi Debbie,
I admire you so....you always seem to be so "up" even with all your responsibilities. Thanks for filling me in on the prayer circle. It sounds like a wonderful idea and something I would like to do.
My day was okay, but lately I feel as if I'm barely keeping my head above water. Besides working full time and caring for my mom, my father in law passed away three month's ago. My MIL is now talking about selling her condo and moving. I'm thrilled that she's made this decision, because she is 88 years old, has a heart condition (under good control) and is extremely hard of hearing. In my opinion, she should not be living alone. I would like to see her in an assisted living facility, but my SIL (DH's sister) is against it and constantly talking to my MIL about keeping her "beautiful place" (SIL lives out of town). I'm trying to talk to my MIL without starting anything with my SIL to keep encouraging her to make the move. I guess we'll see what happens. Right now she lives about 45 mins from us...not terribly far, but there are assisted living places within one mile from our home. I know she would like to move closer to us and quite honestly, she'd probably love to live with us, but that is something that I know I cannot handle. I'm just hoping she'll make the move to a place close by where she will have others around her and we can pick her up and bring her over more frequently so she isn't so lonely.
OH! and, I took a giant step today...I made arrangements for my mom to spend a weekend with my sister...yes, I finally did it, well at least I made the arrangements, now I have to follow through. I don't know what my problem is...I feel like I felt the first time I got a baby sitter for my son when he was a baby...that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach. But I have to do this, I know it's the right thing to do for me and my DH...we need a break and some time alone -- it's been seven months of non-stop caring for mom. It's not that long a period of time, but I know it is the best for everyone. I guess I'm anticipating my mom's insecurity, how it will affect her. There's no doubt she will be upset but it's only one night and she's with her daughter, how bad can that be? I figure the worst that can happen is she ends up having a bad night and my sister has a bad night...I just need to get over this first time thing...driving me a little nuts right now...well, I certainly rambled on...
And Debbie, if you are cutting your grass for the second time in 4 days, it must be getting nice and warm -- FINALLY...I'm happy for you...be well and take good care, Mimi

Bookmark   June 9, 2005 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Missing
It was on the kitchen sink last night right after dinner...
mxyplx
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
Any suggestions for boosting energy?
My 90 year old mom is still pretty sharp but she is...
patrice607
Any Long Term Caregivers?
Hi, I would like to chat with caregivers of those with...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Information on chair stairlifts
My husband is 90 and we are wanting to have our tub...
lucienalta
Sponsored Products
Metro Wall Sconce by Justice Design Group
$93.60 | Lumens
Worlds Away - Jenny Gold Leaf Coffee Table - JENNY G
Great Furniture Deal
Monaco Blue Circle Rings Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Fleeting Circles Rug 5' x 8'
$759.00 | Horchow
Devin 18-Inch Turquoise Decorative Pillows, Set of 2
$55.95 | Bellacor