Bosch stainless steel texture/cleaning

webaileysFebruary 8, 2012

HI, first post here with more to follow...having trouble with search function being as specific as I'd like, so please, if I am redundant, just tell me where to look.

Making appliance decisions about 14 year old kitchen remodel and considering Bosch stainless steel, not sslook, dw and wall oven to go with super deal Samsung French door fridge to arrive soon. In Lowe's I actually took cleaner, with their permission and cleaned the Samsung and another. Samsung was so much smoother and I know it cleans easily. I can't get back to Lowe's for awhile due to distance, so can someone tell me how easy it will be to clean the Bosch appliances? If too troublesome I would consider black as I have and love now, but seems I've read that black is going out. I know all "modern" homes and the HGTV feature stainless.

Will post pictures, measurements, and more questions later. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boschboy

I have the Bosch French Door Fridge and Dishwasher. I use a microfiber cloth with a little 50/50 water/vinegar mixture that I spray on the cloth. It removes the handprints and smudges. I then go over the surface with a dry cloth too.

Hope that helps!

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 5:54PM
rewok

I have a Bosch dishwasher & Kenmore range in SS. The Bosch finish is more "brushed", less shiny, and as such, does not mark easily. I doesn't show fingerprints at all. I think it makes it a bit harder to clean, but only it takes more grease & stuff to actually mark it. I do not clean it as often as the range, and with my SS cleaner, it's still doesn't take that much effort. I'd choose the Bosh finish over the Kenmore. Can't compare with Samsung however.

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 6:26PM
herring_maven

webaileys: "can someone tell me how easy it will be to clean the Bosch appliances?"

Welcome, webaileys.

We have had a Bosch stainless steel finish wall oven in our kitchen for twelve years. From time to time, we swipe the door with a paper towel that has been sprayed with Windex Vinegar window cleaner; we wipe with a non-sprayed paper towel. No problems -- so far.

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
36" induction cooktop with bridge
So far we've only found two 36" induction glass-top...
woodysapsucker
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
Dishwasher with cutlery tray and heated dry?
I seem to be coming up fairly empty handed with these...
tigger9759
Sponsored Products
Bosch White 1.6 cubic feet Microwave Oven
Overstock.com
Bosch Universal Mixer Plus Cookie Paddles
Overstock.com
Tile Saws Cutters & Accessories: Bosch Tool Storage Folding Leg Stand GTA10
Home Depot
Bosch Universal Plus Mixer/ Blender
Overstock.com
Bosch Universal Plus Blender Pitcher
Overstock.com