please!!!!!

mariendJune 29, 2009

Have the courtesy to come back and say Thanks-if you wish, or that sounds good or at least lets us know you do appreciate your cry for help. I have noticed that most of the people post once, crying their eyes out, or feeling so sorry about a situation and some very good help is given or people will post those special thought and you do not have the courtesy to even say thanks. If you cannot acknowledge a posting, please, do no post at all. Most of us do care, and even if you do not agree with the posting, at least let us know you do care.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Actually, I don't worry about people who don't come back, at least not on this forum. Their hands are full and their time is limited. I just hope that they got a few answers.

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 1:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

These people are concerned about their loved ones, and you are concerned about manners.

One of the problems is that not everyone likes what the advice is. Often they want a "cure" for a 96 year old with Alzheimers or they don't want to be told that things are going to get worse, or that parent is NEVER going to be able to live a normal life and go shopping again. Perhaps the most common is that they need to put the loved one in some sort of assisted living arrangement. That's not what they want to hear.

They want someone to tell them about magic. That the stiff joints, pain and dementia will disappear if they do this or that. It's hard to thank someone for telling you something that you really don't want to hear.

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
Any suggestions for boosting energy?
My 90 year old mom is still pretty sharp but she is...
patrice607
Live In Caregiver having to give up bed for visiting family
I am a LIVE IN Caregiver for a senior with Alzheimer's....
mangomoon
New to caregivers forum...
Hi, folks... I have been a Gardenweb member for eons,...
junebug1961
Need some good thoughts
I have been at the KT for many years,and think that...
sandiefl
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™