Not Caregiving---About Me!!

jeanninetxMay 27, 2005

Only because most of you are probably my age (or close) I am posting this. I had a scheduled appointment for my annual Mammogram, and Bone Density tests today. I luckily have used the same Radiological site for over 6 years.

Today filling out the necessary paper work, they had a new one to sign--"some insurance companies will NOT pay if the tests are too soon". I am glad they had that, when they checked my records my private insurance says "1 Year and 1 Day apart" Guess What?? Today was the 1 Year!!! Now I have to wait until they had another opening---A week from Monday.

If they had not had my previous info I would have gotten the dumb things and had to pay for them myself!!!

Since I have Osteoporosis I am entitled to a yearly exam. I don't want to pay 350$ for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abreeze

Ironic isn't it! Same thing happened to my sister. She and I were traveling home from a trip. We left early that morning because she had an appointment that afternoon for same test. We ran into car trouble, and she had to have her husband cancel the appointment. When she went a week later, they told her how fortunate she was to have canceled. She would have had to pay for the test because she hadn't cleared the required time... Why the extra day's wait??? Sounds a little tricky, doesn't it! :) ~breezy

Bookmark   May 28, 2005 at 9:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladyelle

I got the same thing here, ya not alone.. I also had to wait..

Bookmark   June 8, 2005 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
My Turn for Help
Well this is a bit of a ramble but I'm not up for a...
mxyplx
Any Long Term Caregivers?
Hi, I would like to chat with caregivers of those with...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
incessant throat clearing
Ok, I feel guilty even posting this, but I am desperate...
coolbeansw
T'Day
I hope on this day you aren't doing all the prep for...
CA Kate
Nutritious Meals for 86 year old
Greetings--DH and I just moved DH mom in with us as...
patty2430
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™