petite size clothing

amanda14May 6, 2008

My Nana recently turned 100! And, is now residing in an assisted living facility in NJ. I'm looking for a catalog or on-line "store" to purchase her some clothes. She is VERY petite (4P) and I can't seem to find anything suitable, most sites are too young for her. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

Try Catalogs or even uniform shops. Are you looking for simple to put on dresses? pants? easy to slip on clothes?
Is there someone who could make up some outfits--check the places that repair/mend clothes. Ask at a local HS or college that does Home Eco classes--ask a local 4-H group Ask a senior citizen group. Watch garage sales Hope this helps a little.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 6:38PM
jannie

I buy most of my clothes at dept. store like Macys, Target, even TJMaxx. I can only find regular size clothes, so I buy the closest fit I can find and bring them to a local seamstress for alterations. I've gained some weight, I find a good fit is size one petite, I found a pair of supposedly capri-length pants that fit me perfectly, without alterations! Good luck, I feel your pain, having to spend an extra $20 just to get proper-fitting slacks!!!

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 1:42PM
wildchild

JC Penny has a lot of petite sports wear like sweatpants,knit bottoms,tees and sweatshirts in pretty colors and with embroidered designs that would suit an older woman.

Bookmark   August 3, 2008 at 9:35PM
mamatoad

Old Pueblo Traders has a fairly extensive line of petite clothing. They sell online and also have several catalogs. I think you might find something there. Bettye

Bookmark   August 10, 2008 at 4:47PM
darzie

My mother was a 2p she shopped at petite sophistic.

Bookmark   August 24, 2008 at 9:30PM
More Discussions
Sundowning
Please forgive me if this has already been covered...
hoovergal
Any Long Term Caregivers?
Hi, I would like to chat with caregivers of those with...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
My Turn for Help
Well this is a bit of a ramble but I'm not up for a...
mxyplx
Lack of Social Graces
My Mother with middle stages Dementia has developed...
hoovergal
Live In Caregiver having to give up bed for visiting family
I am a LIVE IN Caregiver for a senior with Alzheimer's....
mangomoon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™