Do you like your vessel sink?

joaniepoanieFebruary 20, 2012

We just finished a kitchen remodel and there is enough granite left over for a vanity top in the adjacent powder room. We are thinking of a floating vanity roughly 18" wide and 18" depth (not sure how high it should be). There aren't too many undermount sinks small enough, so am thinking a vessel sink might be better. How do you like yours? Also, any suggestions on sizes/brands that would fit (including undermount) ewould be appreciated....thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

I love ours (it sits on top of the counter). My recommendation is to make sure it's plenty deep and wide to contain any splashing. If you're doing a vessel that sits on top of the counter, then you will want the top of the counter height to be about 30" from the floor. Any higher and it can be challenging for anyone less than 5'8" tall (give or take and inch) to use the sink. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 8:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MichelleDT

We love ours too....just updated the master with two 20x20 square vessels, two 16x16 in the guest bath and a smaller round glass one in the powder room. I am on the shorter side and don't have any issues using the sinks.

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 12:09AM
More Discussions
anyone know this brand for shower fixtures?
Trying to get a replacement part. Bathroom remodel...
jormydog
Does this look like fake or real marble to you ?
Would a whole floor of this material look like real...
lillo
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
Turning a kitchen into a bathroom
Hi all. My husband and I bought the condo next door...
amanda8877
Kohler Elevance Tub - for disabled - gorgeous
Pretty new product from Kohler. anyone who is looking...
elphaba_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™