Microwave Location??

mjfruscFebruary 26, 2013

I am considering placing my countertop microwave inside a tall appliance pantry similar to the one pictured in the link. I am concerned about odor accumulation in an enclosed space.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/153911/Kitchens-of-The-French-Tradition-traditional-kitchen-other-metro

My other option is to purchase a Sharp microwave drawer to be installed in my cooktop island. We are thinking about putting it under the 30" Wolf gas cooktop which will be located opposite the kitchen sink. The aisle width should be around 48" between the sink and island.

Everyone here is so incredible helpful and we are having a hard time deciding. The pantry option would save us the cost of the Sharp microwave and would keep the microwave concealed. It would also free up space on the island for a large drawer. We have considered other places in the kitchen, but think these are our two best options.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

Ha, my microwave placement location is problematic too.

That is a nice tall cabinet. I understand cabinet makers can add vents on cabinets, which may help you with the odor problem. I cleaned our MW today and my husband had cooked some bbq. I had to use vinegar to expunge the odor.

I must say I'd be a tad worried about fire hazard with the MW inside any enclosed cabinet. If you do it, perhaps consider a GFCI outlet?

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™