Does anyone have a 36inch OTR they like?

ailene54February 12, 2012

Hi, I am looking for a 36 inch OTR in SS that you like? I know of all the complaints about them, but for my kitchen update this is what will work best. It will be over my 30inch cooktop. In my searh I have found the GE spacesaver profile, which is all SS. Frididare has one that has an excessary kit to put "wings" to make the 30inch 36, my problem with that one is the "wings" are black, and will be up against my antique white cabinets. Kenmore use to have a 36inch, but it was discontinued.

Any suggestions will be appreciated,


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

All of the 36" OTRs are 30" with panels that make them 36". They don't have any additional space, and they cost more. You are much better off choosing a regular under cabinet vent hood and placing the MW elsewhere in the kitchen.

    Bookmark   February 12, 2012 at 1:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm updating my kitchen by replacing the doors and painting the boxes. My GC is making the cabinet over the cooktop smaller so that I can clean up the counter space and put in an OTR, which is something I want to do!

    Bookmark   February 12, 2012 at 1:32PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™