House plan review!! Comments Please!
We are getting closer to finalizing our house plan. I have recently found this forum and have found an unbelievable amount of information posted in these discussions. I thought I would post our plan up and see what ideas or thoughts others may have. We began a custom design a few months ago. I have pinched and squeezed it from 4700sqft originally to ~4150 currently. We are leaving the top floor unfinished but have stairs going up and will deck a large part of possible build area, and finish as needed in future.
A few changes/revisions/comments to current plan:
1. We are currently thinking a 10' ceiling in kitchen area and a cathedral ceiling in Great room area. There will be a large farm style kitchen table between the island and the family room. I am awaiting word from architect as to where I can possibly make this ceiling break, but would like it to be ~2' closer to kitchen side if possible.
2. The Formal dining area is going to be Office/TV/Music room for Dad.
3. Move double door out kids lounge to one side and make single door so we have a larger useable wall.
4. Area adjacent to pantry will be where we keep appliances and will also have a sink.
5. we havent worked out details of covered patio area yet. I am thinking of putting a fireplace in upper left corner next to bedroom. Still not sure as to outdoor kitchen/cooking area design. Also are thinking of cathedral ceiling on porch as well.
6. I am exploring options on making the bedrooms on the left wall larger. I think this will be limited by doors and openings into kids lounge. I would like to put a closet into back of vanity used by guest/study. I am not sure if I can do this with current layout.
7. Putting Audio/video closet possibly into closet in guest/study. Still not sure where this will go??
8. I am not in love with a few things on plan...
A. Master bath. I dont hate the current design, but havent fallen in love with it yet. Also not in love with the way it is entered from master bath.
B. The area between kitchen and master bedroom. This was originally a "sun room" But we eliminated it, but still needed a way to transition from kitchen to master bedroom.
C. 1/2 bath and closet adjacent to entry. I am not sure what else to do here, but not in love with it either.
Any and all thoughts and critiques are welcome. Thank you in advance for your help and time!
This post was edited by ccy333 on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 12:58