Toto Aquia II Dual Flush Toilet Reviews/Coments/Info ?

jenfromncJanuary 1, 2012

I'm looking for a standard height, elongated toilet with an enclosed trapway/skirted/whatever you want to call it. I really like the idea of a dual flush.

Does anyone have any information on this toilet?

Aquia II Dual Flush Toilet

http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=405

I know Toto is a brand that lots of people really like and other people think isn't worth the $$ over other toilets, but I'm looking for information specifically about this toilet or Toto Dual Flush in general.

Will I regret Dual Flush? Do they hold up well?

I'm up a zillion times a night with small children and my silly brain insists that I need to use the toilet every single time I'm out of bed, so I quite often don't need a "full" flush.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aliceinwonderland_id

I have two. I had the first one for three years, loved it, and bought a second one when I remodeled the next bathroom. The dual flush works well every single time. I have never had a problem. Never. In fact, we typically only use the small flush and it never fails to clear the bowl. The skirt, although I am not a huge fan of the modern look, is wonderfully easy to keep clean, and I am a huge fan of easy cleaning.

One thing you will have to get used to is the small water surface area. Use the Toto seat - it will feel odd at first, but you will get used to it quickly. It is designed to (at the risk of being indelicate) get you pointed in the right direction to land solid waste in the water. If you get a different seat, you will end up cleaning the bowl more often.

I have one more bathroom to remodel - it will also get an Aquia.

Bookmark   January 2, 2012 at 9:01PM
jkom51

We have a 2003 Toto Ultramax and a 2011 Toto Aquia installed last March.

I'm EXTREMELY impressed by the Aquia. I second everything aliceiw said - she covered everything quite concisely.

I'd really like to replace the Ultramax with another Aquia, except the Ultramax works just fine and I'd feel guilty about replacing it unnecessarily. But the Aquia is far superior, and a lot easier to clean!

Bookmark   January 3, 2012 at 1:46PM
kaysd

We put an Aquia III (taller) Dual Flush Toilet in our hall bath about a year ago. We have not had any problems with it. I also make frequent night trips to the potty thanks to 2 little ones, and I like having the lower water flush option. We plan to put another Aquia in our master bath when we remodel (probably the wall mount this time due to layout).

Bookmark   January 4, 2012 at 6:30PM
mamka

We put the Aquia II to two of our bathrooms (one round and one elongated) last year and love them. I mostly chose them for their shape The dual flush works well. We used Toto' Washlets S300 for both toilets and are very happy with it.

Bookmark   January 5, 2012 at 12:21AM
Viviglam

Is the Toto Aquia fully encased? I don't want an open back. I want it to be skirted all the way around. To me if the back is open it defeats the purpose of easy cleaning. Your help is appreciated!

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 10:05PM
Viviglam

Is the Toto Aquia fully encased? I don't want an open back. I want it to be skirted all the way around. To me if the back is open it defeats the purpose of easy cleaning. Your help is appreciated!

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 10:07PM
aliceinwonderland_id

It is NOT fully encased. Honestly, I don't think you will find one that is because it would make it extremely difficult to install the toilet correctly or see leaks if they happen.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 10:24AM
Viviglam

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I am so confused. I called Toto.com and the plumbing dept said the Aquia 412, 416 and 464 have closed backs.

What to do? Why on earth don't these websites have 360 views?? Arghhhh.

Only one site does. toiletsthatwork.com

But the newer Aquia models aren't listed there.

Your thoughts?

Thank You!

Best,

Vivian

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 2:42PM
Viviglam

Also does anyone know if this model has an open back?

MS654114MF

http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=1076

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 4:25PM
More Discussions
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Sponsored Products
Toto Toilet Bowls Drake Elongated Toilet Bowl Only in Cotton White C744EL01
Home Depot
Toto Drake II IG Toilet - CST454CUFG#01
$406.00 | Hayneedle
Toto Commercial Back Spud SanaGloss Washout Urinal - UT105UVG#01
$214.90 | Hayneedle
Toto Promenade E-Max Round Toilet - CST423EFG#01
$473.20 | Hayneedle
Toto Commercial Back Spud Washout Urinal - UT104EV#01
$139.30 | Hayneedle