Mom says she's a money machine!!

ginnierApril 18, 2006

How do I respond to that!! She and Dad need to move out of their home...and even she will admit that she would've moved into a broom closet at this place we have been looking at because my dad is (as a result of age or minor stroke) very little company or help around the house. And she is feeble physically but not too bad mentally (in fact, sometimes, too sharp LOL). They have meals sent in 3X a week (they are blah to say the least, but dad eats every morsel and praises them). They have a cleaning gal once a week that whisks her magic wands thru the place. Mom can warm something up in a pan, or bake a roast and add potatoes, but it wears her out to just decide what to fix and then get it together, by the time supper is ready she's too pooped to set it on the table. She and Dad neeeeed to be taken care of. But it costs about $3000 a month and practically everything that you can think of is provided. There's additional assistance there if they need it later on... I just want them to move; it won't be long and the errands that we still are able to do now, they won't be interested in. I so want them to go be pampered. They are stuck in their own home, very little company and outings, other than my hubby and I and what we provide. Dad does still do coffee and golf and 3X/wk. exercise, but Mom is stuck to the tv and a hand held solitaire game. What can I say to her?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barker_tx

sounds like it is time for either 'assisted-living' or a Sr citizens complex.

Carolyn

Bookmark   April 18, 2006 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
Live In Caregiver having to give up bed for visiting family
I am a LIVE IN Caregiver for a senior with Alzheimer's....
mangomoon
Ordering From Canada
My experience is they would quote a 16 day delivery...
mxyplux
Lack of Social Graces
My Mother with middle stages Dementia has developed...
hoovergal
Canadian pharmacy??
My mom's prescription has just gone "off label"...
patrice607
Any suggestions for boosting energy?
My 90 year old mom is still pretty sharp but she is...
patrice607
Sponsored Products
Serena & Lily Gobi Embroidered Sheet Set
Serena & Lily
Yellow Butterflies Quilt
$119.99 | zulily
Golly Gray Picnic Plaid Deluxe Crib Sheet
$19.99 | zulily
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Lanart Rugs Soleil Red 5 ft. x 7 ft. 6
Home Depot
Mini Square Chrome One-Light Bath Fixture with Royal Cut Jet Black Crystal and R
$150.00 | Bellacor
Mini Ellipse Chrome One-Light Bath Fixture with Royal Cut Sapphire Blue Crystal
$150.00 | Bellacor
Corona Gold Four-Light Semi-Flush Mount with Clear Royal Cut Crystals
$308.00 | Bellacor
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Concord Global Trading Rugs Casa Collection
$71.97 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™