Pinky and Blue Boy

lynxs1126September 2, 2007

I HAVE AQUIRED A SET OF PICTURES,BLUE BOY AND PINKY THEY ARE THE LARGEST SET I HAVE SEEN. 20 WIDE/36 LONG NOT INCLUDING THE FRAMES.THE FRAMES ARE DONE IN GOLD AND ANTIQUE WHITE AND HAVE SMALL BRASS? PLATES OF THE BOTTOM ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG,BLUE BOY'S SAYS "BLUEBOY AFTER GAINSBOROUGH" AND PINKY'S SAYS "PINKY AFTER LAWRENCE" THESE PICTURE ARE QUITE LARGE AND I HAVE NO WHERE TO DISPLAY THEM.ANY IDEA OF THE VALUE? OR OFFERS FOR THAT MATTER THANKS,LINDA SMITH

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ideefixe

Considering that the originals are hale and hearty in Pasadena's Huntington Library, what kind of reproductions do you have? Copies by a painter could be worth something, but run of the mill department store copies would probably fetch something for the frames.

Bookmark   September 3, 2007 at 1:28AM
hot_foxy_ride_yahoo_com

i was wondering if you found a value on the set? i have a large set also with the name plates and authenticity certificates on the backs. my mother has a smaller set that was purchased by my grandparents in 1951, they are under glass. would appreciate some feedback, i think they are library editions...thanx

Bookmark   November 21, 2008 at 2:13PM
lindac

They are worth about what the frame is worth.
Linda C

Bookmark   November 22, 2008 at 5:11PM
craigthomas1_live_ca

I have a blueboy plate from romania. Trying to find something like it but can't. i'd like to know it's approx. age, and value.

Bookmark   March 16, 2011 at 5:23PM
hrlw_grnt_yahoo_com

I recently bought a pinky and blue boy set of figurines and I would like to know what the worth is. My Grandmother used to have there pictures in her home. If some one knows the approximate value of these figurines I would appreciate it if you would reply thank you so much.

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 1:12AM
lindac

Their value depends on who made the figurines.
Linda C

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 12:27PM
sjarz

Hey Linda, did you get the feeling that nobody caught what you said the value of these things was? LOL..
Suzan J
You have the patience of Job!!

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 1:47PM
lindac

yeah yeah....thanks....people don't seem to realize that the image is worth nothing....it's who and how rendered the image.

"Hey! I have a picture of Santa Clause in a wood frame under glass...what's it worth?"
Or better yet..."hey, I have a picture of the Mona Lisa framed in a wooden frame under glass....."

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 3:08PM
omie244_sbcglobal_net

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLUE BOY AND PINKIE PICTURES ON
THE BACK IT SAYS JIC NEW YORK MADE IN ITALY THE GLASS IN CONCAVE AND THE FRAME IS BRASS WHAT IS THE VALUE OF THESE

Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 12:46PM
lindac

LOL!!! They are only worth what the frames are worth.....and that depends on their size and condition.

Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
Help identifying Bowl
I have had this Bowl for some time, i can't seem to...
Dones
Wanted: Blue Bonnet Margarine Vintage Dolls
I've been collecting the Blue Bonnet Margarine promotional...
beckame
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
Three crown stamp on fork: Swedish or U.S.?
Any idea on the age or authenticity of this brass fork...
bradleyd_svh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™