Ronbow ceramic sinks

emmie2January 3, 2011

I just came across the Ronbow ceramic rectangular sinks & cabinetry. while I love the look, the cost leaves me a little breathless. Anyone have any ideas on where to find lok a likes at a chaper cost? thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gryane

I considered a Ronbow sink for my master bath vanity and also thought they were quite pricey. I ended up getting a Memento Villeroy & Boch basin that was very similar and definitely lower price. I also considered a basin from Ikea that had some similarities (and was a lot lower price), but am glad I went with the V&B. I will try to take a picture of it and post it so you can see.

Bookmark   January 4, 2011 at 1:06AM
PRO
collins design

Yup. I got 2 Ronbow knock-offs on eBay. I can't recall the seller ID but their invoice has "buysink.com" on it. Also, as the previous poster said, Ikea has great bath cabinets (Godmorgon series). We modeled our custom vanity on the Ikea cabinet, made a mahogany top, and added the knock-off Ronbow sinks.
Stacey

our vanity with knock-off Ronbow sinks

and, one of the many versions of the Ikea vanity and one of their sinktops

Unfortunately I just looked up buysink.com and the web site is no longer there. They were in Canada... British Columbia I think. I did notice other similar sinks on eBay... look up "semi-recessed sink" if you're looking for the style like mine.

Bookmark   January 4, 2011 at 8:32AM
gryane

Here is a photo of the Villeroy & Boch sink in my master.

Bookmark   January 10, 2011 at 3:36PM
kate1234

gryane, is that sink set away from the wall? If so, is it hard to clean behind?

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 8:04PM
gryane

hi kate - no - the sink is actually flush against the wall. It's hard to tell in that photo since my backsplash is not yet in and everything is white. We did consider installing the sink set forward a bit more, but decided against it in the end. We just got the mirror installed today. Backsplash is next....!

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 6:16PM
jafig

Can either of you tell me what the cut-out in your counter top looks like? Are you still happy with these counter top sinks, or do you wish you had used under mount?

Thanks for your insight!

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 12:02PM
writersblock

Overstock also has some ronbow knockoffs, and there are still some ebay sellers who offer similar sinks (search for ceramic vessel sink).

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
So upset about marble floor
This is how my expensive marble basket weave floor...
aiallega
Which latricrete products for full shower build?
I'm a bit confused about all the various Latricrete...
cataan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™