Excellent local article on Care Giving

fairegoldApril 25, 2005

This appeared in this morning's Salinas Californian, an excellent story about one family that illustrates the problems of Baby Boomers caring for their parents. It's nothing new to most folks who read this forum, but it's really an excellent article, and maybe new people will get some insight from it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fighting for her father's life

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Glitter53

Oh, my. Many of us could have written that about our own situations...this was beautifully written with much warmth. Thank heavens there are real CARING facilities around; it may take some searching, and waiting, but they're there. I don't know how far away they're moving, but perhaps it will turn out to be a good thing...I know I can't visit every day, it's just too exhausting for me, so I choose to see Mom every second day. I do that for ME, however, as Mom doesn't seem to know I'm actually visiting or if I've just returned from an adjacent room. We do have lovely visits, however, and tomorrow, two of my girlfriends are coming with me again....She is so loved by our friends...
Thanks for the article....more people need to be made aware of what the future may hold for them and their parents; many decisions can be made before panic sets in...As for our DD, she said it's off to "Shady Pines" for us! hahaha!!

Bookmark   April 25, 2005 at 8:28PM
More Discussions
Severe dementia in several weeks
This is my first post to Caregivers. I'm not comfortable...
Roodles123
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
Any Long Term Caregivers?
Hi, I would like to chat with caregivers of those with...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Nutritious Meals for 86 year old
Greetings--DH and I just moved DH mom in with us as...
patty2430
how do i tell sil i am not taking her dm
MIL lived near us for years and years. She about drove...
caminnc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™