Greetings all

funkillApril 16, 2007

I used to chat on The Home Site for a long time ... but haven't been involved in many home projects for a long time ....

Today I had a few moments and decided to post about my home sale remodel efforts and noticed this forum!!!!!!!!! Hoo-ray - I'll have to spend some time reading back-posts.

I was just granted guardianship of my 66 yr-old mother who was recently diagnosed with dementia. I'm going nuts trying to put things in place. And although I have learned a lot during this process, meeting many sincere and caring folks along the way, I certainly need advice and support with much of this ... so I'll do some reading of the posts here and tell you more about my delimna's soon - and maybe I'll be able to help some of ya'll too!

I have a feeling there is a wealth of information here!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shambo

Welcome to this forum. The members here are all so helpful and encouraging. And, as you suspect, there's plenty of good advice too. But the best part is just knowing that there are others going through similar circumstances and that they're willing to lend an ear.

Sue

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 12:33PM
Ratherbgardening

I wish you the best. 66 is young for her to have that, poor gal. My grandmother spent the last 10 years of her life like that and it turned out it was a side effect of the heart med she had been on for a long time. I wish I had known that at the time.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 12:49PM
chelone

My 80 yr. old mother has just entered LTC. I cared for her myself in my home for 3 1/2 yrs., my brother took care of her for just under 3 months.

This forum has been a godsend for me, but this is grim place; our wards are going to die and we are the ones who will make that eventuality as smooth and "easy" as possible.

Many of the stressful and unpleasant realities are aired here. Sometimes the things you read are really scarey. Those of us who have done the hard work of caregiving "get it" and we don't generally "sugarcoat it".

Welcome aboard... it will be an interesting journey.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 5:36PM
duluthinbloomz4

I'm extending my welcome, too. My 91 year old Mom with Alzheimer's type dementia is now also in LTC. I did the in-home caregiving for 5 years and it was (and still is) something you take one day at a time.

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 12:59AM
More Discussions
RX Relief Discount Card
I phoned the number on the card and the recorded greeting...
Grampy_Mark
Just passing some info on.
Maybe this will help someone else. Took us a long time...
cathyid
Need some good thoughts
I have been at the KT for many years,and think that...
sandiefl
Ordering From Canada
My experience is they would quote a 16 day delivery...
mxyplux
how do i tell sil i am not taking her dm
MIL lived near us for years and years. She about drove...
caminnc
Sponsored Products
Armen Living Maxton Chair - Brown - LCMX1BR
$871.00 | Hayneedle
Safavieh Handmade Soho Zebra Ivory/ Black New Zealand Wool Rug (6' x 9')
Overstock.com
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Accent Rug: Nourison Rugs South Beach Deep Sea 2 ft. 6
$70.97 | Home Depot
Spray & Wipe All-Purpose Cleaner - Set of Two
$7.99 | zulily
Vig Furniture - Layla - White Leather Sofa Set with Fabric Chair -...
Great Furniture Deal
Bibendum Style Chair
IFN Modern
Sandlot Rug 9'6" x 13'
$3,399.00 | Horchow
Laguna 6 Piece Outdoor Patio Sectional Set in Espresso Peridot
$1,499.00 | LexMod
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™