Can I fit a clawfoot tub and separate shower in my narrow bath??

kateydid88January 3, 2014

Hi all,
I'm a long time lurker who used gardenweb extensively for our master bathroom remodel. We live in an older colonial (early 1800s?). We've moved on to thinking about renovating our 2nd bathroom, which will be entirely gutted as it was remodeled poorly in the 80s and is not historically appropriate for our house. The dimensions of the space will be 5'6" x 14'7" rectangle. There are two windows on the exterior 14'7" wall that we may need to move slightly.

My issue is this: I'd like to include a small clawfoot or other free standing soaking tub in the room with a separate walk in shower. I can easily come up with several arrangements with a shower/tub alcove, but aside from some very awkward arrangements, cannot seem to find a way to fit the tub in the space. I grew up with a clawfoot tub shower and really disliked the 360 degree shower curtain, so we aren't really considering that as an option.

Have any of you brilliant renovators done a similar renovation or have any ideas? I'm going to attempt to post my best layout attempt in a second post.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xc60

Perhaps something similar to this layout if you remove one of the sinks and get a free standing tub around 65" but it depends on your entrance location. I'll keep thinking about it if your door is at one of the 5'6 ends instead of in the middle of room.

Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 11:37PM
xc60

Or perhaps this layout if you remove a sink.

Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 11:46PM
kateydid88

Those are both really great ideas, XC! I didn't realized anyone had replied to my post, sorry I didn't thank you earlier!!

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 2:11PM
enduring

Katey, do you check the box at the bottom of your posting dialog box? The check box that gives you the option of having replies emailed to you.

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
Need help with bathroom finishes!
Hey everyone! I have a minor dilemma about my master...
meg270070
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Side of tile is bright orange - should I use something else?
Howdy. My master bathroom remodel is underway. My contractor...
mrsshayne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™