Hi I'm new here

ladyelleMarch 15, 2005

I was given the link by a friend of mine, just thought I'd say hi for now..

I care for an elderly mom.. She's 85, she says I'll fit right in here..

I'll be back..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeanninetx

Howdy Elle: You will be glad you took my advice and came here.
Elle is great, caring for her mom and even agreed to move here to Texas to give her mom a chance to be close to the only other member of the family, Elles brother and his kids.
Elle gets overpowered by her moms needs, and I knew she would find lots of advice, and support here.

Bookmark   March 15, 2005 at 4:23PM
ladyelle

Thank you Jeannine,
Yes Jeannine is my friend, we met through this wonderful world of internet.. She has done alot for me.. She don't know it but she has been alot of support for me..

Getting back to my mom, she does demands alot of my time, 24/7. I have to be on the alert to her every need. If I am asleep, there is my husband who almost always hears her.. Then there's my Shelby, (my dog) she loves mom so, and mom loves her. They are inseparable. Shelby is always at her side..

I go out only when mom falls asleep, I know I have about an hour.. She takes pills just about every 4 or 5 hours for something or other. From her heart to her thyroid, or pressure, and I have to remember to give her the right pills.

Then I have this dog next door, oh please don't get me started on him!!

Well, that's all I have for now..
Thanks for having me..

Bookmark   March 15, 2005 at 7:39PM
abreeze

Hi Elle! :) I hadn't found this post yet and started a constipation thread after I read your comment about your mother's problem. Hope we can help you. How wonderful that you and Jeannine "met"! Caregiving 24/7 is extremely exhausting; many of us know what that's like... Shelby sounds like a super dog and a blessing for your mother. What's with the dog next door? :) ~breezy

Bookmark   March 15, 2005 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
After 40 Years
40 years have passed, average age 81, and she is in...
mxyplx
Any Long Term Caregivers?
Hi, I would like to chat with caregivers of those with...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Any suggestions for boosting energy?
My 90 year old mom is still pretty sharp but she is...
patrice607
Lack of Social Graces
My Mother with middle stages Dementia has developed...
hoovergal
Mom with dementia upset about move
Hi everyone, My 83 year old mother was diagnosed with...
netty_73
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™