Need Asko custom panel help please. Can't figger this out!

deedlesFebruary 25, 2014

So, we bought an Asko D5893 xxl FI from the scratch and dent of a big box store. They gave us the wrong manuals, for starters, but I found the correct one online.

Here's the thing I cannot get my head around. There is a hot air/steam vent at the bottom of the door on the right side. All the instructions say not to cover this vent or you'll have damage to your custom panel. Fine. BUT, the measurements of the panel for this dishwasher is 30 1/8" high which would absolutely cover this vent if the panel was applied level with the control panel on the top. Does anyone have an Asko with a custom panel that can show me how this works? Does one cut a hole in the panel for the vent or what is the deal?

I will really, really appreciate any help from any of you on this asap. Thanks so much!

This post was edited by deedles on Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 12:48

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

The panel is not referenced off of the "control panel " edge.

Meaning it is not necessarily intended to be flush with that top edge. It will almost certainly be above it.

The panel is referenced off of the adjacent door/ drawer.

Keep in mind the unit itself may not touch the underside of your countertop ! You must juggle the relationship of that vent and the lower edge of the adjacent door , as well as the DW panel itself.

Bookmark   February 25, 2014 at 6:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

xedos: thanks for weighing in. I guess we have our DW legs fully extended right now, so the door would end higher up than the bottom of the flanking cabs. We'll have to adjust it down a bit and try to line the DW up a little better.. Thanks again.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 7:11AM
More Discussions
Thermador micro drawer - is it worth it?
http://www.thermador.com/cooking/microwaves/md24js-24-inch-builtin-microdrawer Hey...
bellachaboni
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
Sponsored Products
Golf Club One-Light Table Lamp
$255.95 | Bellacor
Control Box with Paddle Dimmer by Legrand
$59.99 | Lumens
Cole & Co. 76" Designer Series Catherine Hall Chest - Elegant Frisagé
Modern Bathroom
Liberty Furniture Laurel Creek Storage Bed & Dresser & Mirror & Nightstand in Ci
Beyond Stores
Besa 1SR-512107-SN Opal Matte Kani Wall Sconce - 1SW-512107-SN-SQ
$184.50 | Hayneedle
Christopher Knight Home Crystal Chrome 6-light 64955 Collection Chandelier
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™