I Truly Wish....

CA KateFebruary 6, 2014

I truly wish people would stop sending me inspirational/ or religious uplifting emails! They are neither... to me at least. Most tear me up and make me a wreak for the rest of the day. I just got another beautiful story and I'm crying... again... and will be a mess for the rest of the day. I know these people are only trying to help, but it has the opposite effect on me.

Maybe I should send these well-meaning friends an email asking them to not send any more such fwds.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Yes, you can and should send a note to these people. Let me guess, it's usually the same people, right?

Or just delete before opening. And let these people know that you don't need these messages.

I understand completely!

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 4:41PM
mxyplx

Non illigitimus carborundum

I would spose most of those stories are made up.

This post was edited by mxyplx on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 23:03

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 8:44PM
raee_gw

yes, just send them a note thanking them for thinking of you but you need them to know that in your current situation you are finding them stressful (or whatever word you feel works better).
Hugs.

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 2:02PM
CA Kate

Thank you for your support. I figured you'd understand.

Raee, thank you for your kind note.

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 7:49PM
grandmamary_ga

I have a cousin and her daughter that do that on a many times a day rotation. I have deleted the daughter, and may delete the cousin. They can be uplifting but so many in one day is ridiculous to me. I don't want to be mean or ugly to them as I know that they mean well but too much of a good thing is just too much,
Mary

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 11:41AM
CA Kate

I did ask certain people to, please!, not send me these fwds , and they haven't. Mary, have you asked them to stop?

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 12:02PM
grandmamary_ga

Yes and my cousin told me she understood, just don't read them she told me, but her daughter also sends them to me so its a double dose to me. first ones I read but don't want them over and over every single day. As I mentioned I have deleted the daughter but now the cousin seems to be sending more to me. Maybe 4 or 5 a day. I know that they both mean well but sometimes a little of one thing is just too much.
Mary

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 4:00PM
emma

Check with your server to see if you can block them. My server will block them and bounce them back. I don't have any patience for people who who send junk when I have asked them repeatedly not to send it.

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 1:06PM
CA Kate

I finally did the same.... not only this but sexual cartoons too.

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 3:29PM
emma

When I give my email out to a friend or family member I ask not to be put me on their mailing list for forwards and warning about things like Obama Care or Jane Fonda.

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 2:40PM
susanjn

"...Obama Care or Jane Fonda."

LOL!

Bookmark   April 4, 2014 at 7:32PM
emma

I have had a computer since 1996 and you wouldn't believe the crap sent to me. LOL

Bookmark   April 4, 2014 at 8:07PM
CA Kate

Oh yes I would!!! LOL!

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 2:11PM
Gwarstong

Yo, EmmaR.....1987, here...first actual e-mails in the mid-nineties...and yes, I would, too!

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 11:02PM
emma

At first I did like the joke forwards. I have a 3 ring zippered binder of those jokes to which I added clip art at the top and bottoms. The clip art of the hillbilly/redneck medical terms is hilarious, out houses, shacks, stills, etc.. When my husband had bypass surgery I took copies of a lot of them and left them at the nurses station for something for them to read on their breaks. I was in my office one time and started laughing out loud and my husband came in and asked "what is going on in here?" I read him the story and he just grunted. LOL

This post was edited by EmmaR on Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 19:31

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 3:39PM
jannie

I just delete-delete-delete without reading. I do notice I get a lot less of these than I used to.

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 9:40AM
More Discussions
Do you ever have a day that just goes well?
Today was one of those days. I was at mom's to get...
junebug1961
Any suggestions for boosting energy?
My 90 year old mom is still pretty sharp but she is...
patrice607
After 40 Years
40 years have passed, average age 81, and she is in...
mxyplx
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
New to caregivers forum...
Hi, folks... I have been a Gardenweb member for eons,...
junebug1961
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™