Wolf ag with propane

pam71February 23, 2012

First, thanks for the feedback on my vent hood selection. Now on to the range purchase. I am between the Wolf AG or Df 30 inch range. I have propane gas so I am concerned about the oven flucuation more then with NG ? the sales people tell me that this will happen more with LP. Any one have this set up and can give me some insight? Also, with AG and the burners and oven on at the same time will there be an issue with loss of btu's or oven heating? Thanks-

Pam

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eandhl

I don't have a Wolf, I have an all gas DCS and no problems with baking. Roasted items are even better than my last electric oven.

Bookmark   February 23, 2012 at 12:06PM
eandhl

I should have said I am on Propane.

Bookmark   February 23, 2012 at 12:07PM
Caddidaddy55

I have a CC on LP it uses more fuel than your Wolf ever will, but there is no loss of power when using both oven and burners. Wolf makes some of the most even heating ovens on the market. Your sales people just want you to go duel fuel as higher price = more profit. I would choose a different vendor if possible. If you don't already have the 220 volt electric supply in place, add that to the cost of the duel fuel. If you bake a lot of bread and pastrys you may want the duel fuel for the dryer heat, otherwise AG will be just fine.

Bookmark   February 23, 2012 at 12:12PM
PRO
trevorlawson

LP gas or Nat Gas will not make any difference at all to oven fluctuation, they might be suggesting the DF because its more expensive which means more profit.

I agree with eandhl roasting comes out better in gas ovens due to the moisture content within the gas.

Bookmark   February 23, 2012 at 12:15PM
pam71

Thanks for the info. I ordered my new range today, Wolf 30 in AG and a modern-aire ps1010 hood. Excited to start using it soon, even though I know it is more then I will ever need!

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™