Hi, I'm back for a while

chattypatty49February 10, 2006

was here a couple of years ago and everyone was so helpful. I was going through a rough time with my mom and alzheimers and everyone here was so thoughtful and I appreciated it so much.She is in a nursing home now, but is not doing so well right now. Maybe some of you will remember me, I was going to school because of a job downsizing and taking care of mom. Since then I have had several strokes and am now disabled, but I keep on hanging in there. Just wanted to drop by and say hello and say thanks again for all the help and getting me through those tough times.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lasershow

Hi Patty,

Yes I remember you. You were dealing with your mom's illness at the same time I was dealing with my mom's (she had brain cancer). She passed in September of 2004.

I'm sorry to hear your mother is not doing so well -- it's so hard to watch them decline. Also sorry to hear of your strokes. I hope you have help and support around you. Take care of yourself!

Bookmark   February 10, 2006 at 11:47AM
abreeze

Hi Patty... Good to hear from you. I was thinking of you recently and wondering how you were doing. May God encourage and strengthen you and have mercy on your dear mother. I don't post very often but am glad I took a look at the site tonight... ~abreeze

Bookmark   February 11, 2006 at 10:51PM
chattypatty49

thanks lasershow and abreeze. I knew there would be someone here that would still remember me. My brother came by today and said that mom was doing a tad better, hope she keeps improving. My strokes left me paralyzed on my right side, but rehab and lots of prayers has me back almost to normal. I can talk now so people can understand me, and I don't have to have someone with me all the time now.

Bookmark   February 12, 2006 at 1:13PM
heydeborah

Hi Patty! I remember you too! glad to hear that the rehab has helped you (i too had a very,very small stroke but i am just fine!), i hope that you aren't going to be around for just awhile and that you will stay for a long,long time. how do you keep busy - i know caregiving is 24/7 but when you do have a spare few minutes how to you relax or do something that you enjoy doing? keeping very cold in the north where's it -31F, yes that's minus 31 and wearing 2 sweaters! debbie

Bookmark   February 15, 2006 at 12:30PM
chattypatty49

Hi debbie, I am not taking care of mom now, she is in a nursing home. I had to have someone live with me for about 7 months or I would have wound up in one too. I'm not ready for thar yet. The drs wouldn't let me come home if I was going to be by myself, of course I didn't agree, and got out voted. I am crocheting and doing a little quilting, still a little awkward, but I get it done.

Bookmark   February 15, 2006 at 6:46PM
heydeborah

Hi again Patti, what a dahhh i must be, i'll just blame it on this cold weather -lol! i too love quilting and knitting, am just finishing off a mary maxim sweater for dear son, boy why don't i learn to weave the tails in while i'm knitting i also love crocheting too, but i think you will find this funny, i cannot do any knitting in public, why you're probably thinking does she have a phobia, not that's not it, i am a "lefty", and learned to knit in europeon style, so this is needle tucked under the arm, well this does not work for me, sooo i have to put the needle between my legs-lol, and i would get the most terrible stares from people, when i had my baby stroke, i forced myself to knit with large needles just so that i would get feeling etc in my arm, so take your time things will get better! it's even colder out -35F!!!! debbie

Bookmark   February 15, 2006 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
T'Day
I hope on this day you aren't doing all the prep for...
CA Kate
Sundowning
Please forgive me if this has already been covered...
hoovergal
Do you ever have a day that just goes well?
Today was one of those days. I was at mom's to get...
junebug1961
Medicare and Fully Electric Hospital Beds
I have a prescription from my mom's doctor for a fully...
patrice607
Caretaker of a different sort...
Hi all, new to this forum, but not garden web. Reading...
brodyjames_gw
Sponsored Products
GlideRite 3-inch CC Satin Nickel Braided Cabinet Pulls (Case of 25)
Overstock.com
Fruit Failures Art Print
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
AHB Maxwell Swivel Tall Bar Stool - Black with Mushroom Bonded Leather - 134902B
$349.95 | Hayneedle
Lite Source Zachary Red and Chrome Gooseneck Desk Lamp
$48.00 | Lamps Plus
Worlds Away - Waverly Silver Leaf Mirror - WAVERLY S
Great Furniture Deal
Robert Abbey | Logan Floor Lamp
$431.20 | YLighting
Perry Ellis Asian Lilly Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
Faure Chrome 10-Light Chandelier with Firenze Clear Crystal
Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™