XP: John Vogler Group Furntiture company?

cehhSeptember 29, 2006

Does anyone know anything about the John Vogler Group Furntiture company? I have a solid cherry drop leaf dining table that is stamped with that name. I can't find anything on google. I also have the china hutch and 5 chairs.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Can you post a link to pictures?

"John Vogler" or Vogle was a famous North Carolinan ... it may have been made as a copy of something from the Vogler house.

Bookmark   September 29, 2006 at 3:41PM
cehh

I have no idea how to post pictures. I just have them on my computer, not on any website.

Bookmark   September 29, 2006 at 4:05PM
jimb_retiree

I, too, have some furniture from the John Vogler Group. The makers of the suite were known as "Unique Furniture Makers" of Winston-Salem, NC.
As near as I can tell, our hutch, buffet, and table and chairs were delivered to my wife's grandparents house in West Simsbury, CT in the late 1950s or early 1960s.
The Unique Furniture Makers went out of business in the 1970s (according to some websites). John Vogler was apparently a famous North Carolinian from the early days of the US.

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 10:50AM
pinkysbliss73

I have a China Cabinet(I took the little wire decrotive things out of the glass windows in hutch, still have them, just did not like the look), Dresser,two night Stands and a large mirror that are made by this same company. I recently took photos to an antique shop and was told (even though I have a original tag off the furniture) that its to modern to be that old??? I'm lost on this, this furniture is in awesome shape, so I feel as though she thought I was lieing. How do I find more information on this company? Here's a photo of the Hutch, will add photo of tag soon.

Thanks
"TR"

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 1:02AM
pinkysbliss73

Ok took a pic of the tag, mirror, messy messy dresser and night stand (no laughing, we are in the middle of packing to move...hehe)..anyway hope these photos help.

"TR"

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 1:20AM
lindac

Not sure what you are asking....you have furniture that looks like late 1960's or early 1970's furniture. The tag is one of those old IBM punch cards....the forerunner of our modern computer. There is no date on that card but the year the factory was established.
Linda C

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 12:13PM
tompkinsmargaret1986_gmail_com

i recently bought a dining room table and on the bottom it is stamped the john vogler group no.9551 trestle table and was trying to find out a price range on it to see what kind of deal i got on it and would love to know some of the history behind it!

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 1:03AM
More Discussions
Ruby cut to clear bowl set - help with identification
A while ago I bought this set of four ruby glass bowls...
lana_roma
Copper bowls
Can anyone provide any info relating to these copper...
Cassie- LeBlanc
Why isn't furniture selling?
I've been trying to sell this 45" diameter vintage...
debodun
Wanted: Blue Bonnet Margarine Vintage Dolls
I've been collecting the Blue Bonnet Margarine promotional...
beckame
Can anyone identify this nightstand?
This nightstand was my grandmas and was given to me...
Michael Potter
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™