gold watch band

walkabout1935September 27, 2009

Looking for information on this itemL where made, when made, est value. THANK YOU.href="http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/claypool1935/?action=view¤t=MVC-009S.jpg" href="http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/claypool1935/?action=view¤t=MVC-010S.jpg" target="_blank">target="_blank">

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweeby

That 'nugget' look was popular in the mid- to late-1980's, so that would be my guess as to the date. I believe the 585 is 14K gold.

Value? I'd suspect probably metal weight.

However, IMO, the woven part of the bracelet is a much more timeless style than the nugget section. If that nugget section could be easily replaced with something simpler, the value of the entire piece might go up.

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 11:21AM
lindac

The wear appears much more communsurate with it having been made much earlier than 1985. And since it is marked 585 it is most likely European or Asian in origin
I know nugget jewelry had a renewed popularity in the 1980's but I have a piece that I KNOW is older than that because I have had it longer, and it was old when I bought it.
I sure don't know what it's worth. Certainly the weight of the metal and the stones but likely a lot more.
The "nugget look" that was popular a few years back was done with fake nuggets....I believe what you have is done with real nuggets by the wear and the differences in the color....the pin that I have is.
That said, is there a possibility it could be South African in origin?
Linda C

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 3:56PM
lazy_gardens

Alaskan "gold nugget" jewelry has been popular for a long time. I have a ring from the 1950s.

It's worth taking to a jeweler for an appraisal.

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 5:43PM
walkabout1935

Thank you very much for your input.

Bookmark   October 2, 2009 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
Assistance regarding Lofisa Porcelain
Can anyone shed some light on this piece? I bought...
imaztribabe
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
Help Identifying Cushman Furniture
I have a small Cushman cabinet, it appears that it...
cpannetti
Need Help to ID Native American Jewelry Bracelet
I picked this up at local garage sale and thought it...
devincu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™