Master Bath Tub ?

qs777January 31, 2013

We are re-doing our master, which currently only has a shower (not big). My husband would like (but doesn't have to have)a tub since our other bath only has a 5 ft. tub. We could fit a 6 ft. tub in our existing bath; however, it would be a tub/shower combo. We also have a 6 ft. wall closet we could use to put a tub in, which would leave us with the smaller shower and no closet (We have a 10 ft. wall closet in bedroom).

Do people expect a separate shower and separate tub if there is a tub? Does extra closet space trump all? I am not sure what to do. We are already adding another sink as these houses only had 1 sink in the master. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

A separate shower and tub would be nice, but for space constraint and cost reasons I went with a 6' x 36" alcove tub/shower. Most 6' tubs are drop-in style designed to be used just as a tub, but several 3-wall alcove tub/shower units are available in this size as well.

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 1:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
qs777

Thank you! I did not really think about the 3-wall alcove. Our tub would only hit 2 walls, then some space before you get to the toilet. I guess I am not sure if that would even work as we would want to just use a bath screen, but with no wall at the end, that could be problematic. I guess all of my previous bathrooms had the tub in a 3 wall alcove.

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 5:11PM
More Discussions
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
matching fixtures in the bathroom?? please help!!
OK...we have 2 bathrooms in our house that I am confused...
janealexa
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™