HELP! Hair loss with hair coloring!

TerrapotsDecember 14, 2007

Each time I get my gray hair colored, I notice a lot of shiny scalp. By the time it's time to touch up, there are a lot of new hairs the length of my uncolored roots. Does anyone know of a hair coloring that would minimize hair loss. I've asked my hairdresser and she changed the kind she used but I still had the hair loss. I have almost 50% gray hair, not very flattering. I use Follicure shampoo and conditioner as when I change to a different type I get a lot of loss when rinsing out the shampoo. I've tried biotin but probably not enough to do any good. It seems to bother my stomach.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petaloid

Does your hairdresser have you sit under a dryer to heat your hair and make the color develop faster? That heat has caused my hair to frizz and break off, so now I just wait at room temperature until I'm "done."

Does your hairdresser keep checking your hair every couple of minutes to make sure it's not overprocessing?

Natural Instincts is a home product that works reasonably well to temporarily cover grey, is not harsh and comes with a good deep conditioner.

BTW, biotin has made my hair (and nails) grow faster, but it hasn't given me more hair. My thyroid hormone was found to be low, which is a common problem, and the replacement hormone I take now has given me a bit more hair -- might be worth checking.

Bookmark   December 16, 2007 at 10:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kamerita

oss or absence of hair, also known as alopecia is a hereditary and unavoidable condition. In some men it can be a side effect of medication, a dietary deficiency or hormonal imbalance.

You can help reduce the effects of hair loss from stress, trauma, shock or illness by increasing your intake of vitamin C found in fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly citrus fruit and juices, parsley, broccoli, green peppers and black currants.

Take a vitamin B complex everyday or brewers yeast. Increase your intake of protein found in meat, fish, liver, wheat germ, dried cooked beans and peas, tofu, cheese, milk and eggs.
Here you may find some more tips to stop hairloss: http://www.jurgita.com/articles-id134.html

Bookmark   December 17, 2007 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Sponsored Products
T3 Source Shower In-line Replacement Filter
$25.00 | FRONTGATE
Lithonia Lighting 4 in. Recessed White LED Baffle Downlight 4BPMW LED M4
$34.97 | Home Depot
Vipp Laundry Bin
Design Within Reach
Bruck | Dazzle II Pendant Light
$222.75 | YLighting
Bling I Bronze One-Light Diamond Wall Sconce with Silver Textured Glass
$258.75 | Bellacor