looking for a tea cup

pel6413September 29, 2012

Hello, I'm looking for a china tea cup. my mother inherited a this tea cup from her grandmother, as a child I remember she only drank tea from that cup, unfortunately, the cup was misplaced some 15 years ago (i think is was stolen by someone who rented the apartment). In any case I wanted to see if I could replace it for her birthday, so I'm looking for a spastic model, I would be very happy if anyone can give me any information on where to look, and whether I would have to mortgage my hose to buy it.

Here's what I know:

It was an all white china tea cup with no color decoration.

I think it was part of a set, I found a saucer and I'm almost sure it belonged to the cup, I've attached a couple of images of it.

As you can see from the image, there is a mark for "Rosenthal Germany".

I think there was also a relish serving dish with the same decoration.

As far as I can remember (and I was 10 the last time I saw it) the cup had the same doted decoration on the base, and I have the impression that the china was paper thin.

My great-grandmother brought it when she fled from Germany before WWII, so it's at least that old.

I'm sorry I don't have more information, my mother would know more but I'm trying to keep this a surprise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hounds_x_two

Have you tried Replacements Ltd.?
With photographs, they can assist with pattern identification and location of pieces.
Good luck on your project.

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 10:45AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I was going to suggest the same thing....Rosenthal made lots of different patterns of china pre-war. I think the chances are excellent that Replacements would have a cup to go with that saucer.
and if not, try Hoffman's Patterns of the Past.
Linda C

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 11:12AM
More Discussions
Early Masons Vista Pink Soup Tureen
Hello! I have inherited a great deal of Masons vista...
aeb78
Haviland France Limoge Covered Veg. Bowl
I have a lovely Haviland veggie bowl here but I can't...
Llweyn
Japanese Vase
I just got this vase at street sale would like to know...
Dones
walnut panel
Hi Everyone, I bought this 30" piece at an auction...
sam_md
name on vase
Have any one seen this name before on a small vase,...
Dones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™