how do I prevent wrinkles before they start

vacuumfreakDecember 21, 2006

Hi there... I am 23... Is there something I can do to prevent wrinkles before they start... a cream to use, or something I can do in my daily routine? thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stumpyouch

Don't smoke.
Use sunscreen everyday.
Don't tan/sunbathe.
Get enough sleep.
Eat a balanced diet.
Drink plenty of water.
Have great genes. (not much you can do about this one)

Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 6:38PM
mitchdesj

I think sunblock is number one; don't forget your neck when applying. The sooner you start shielding your skin from the sun, the better. You're very smart to think about this in your 20's while you're still ahead of the game.

Bookmark   December 22, 2006 at 6:18AM
sable_ca

Ask any dermatologist. Your worst enemy is the sun. Use sunblock whenever you go outdoors. That means not only on your face, but also on your neck and neck area, and the backs of your hands. Those brown spots that your grandma has on her hands are from the sun (and probably a bit genetic).

I just had a squamus cell carcinoma removed from my collarbone. It was tiny and it looked like other benign skin anomalies that I've had. My dermadoc removed it and it's gone, no further problems anticipated. He said "use sunblock, always, past the neckline of the most open blouse that you wear".

Also wear sunglasses whenever you go outside, even to the mailbox, big wraparounds that protect the corners of your eyes. Aside from their looking glamourous, they will fend off those wrinkles that crinkle up at the corners of the eyes. My eyes are sun-sensitive, so I've done this all of my adult life. Both the dermadoc and the eyedoc insist on it also.

Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 1:31PM
ramrice

Yes, sunscreen is very important--but it has to have UVA and UVB protection to be effective. Make sure it has one of the following ingredients: titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, or avobenzone.

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 7:47AM
zoezoe

I agree with the above -- Sunscreen, Suncreen, Suncreen. I never used it at your age (don't even know if it was around then) and I am literally paying the price for it. I am constantly having "things" lasered off my face.

However, I don't have any wrinkles anymore. That little surgery cost me $10,000.

Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 4:06PM
debo_2006

USE AT LEAST a 30 SPF SUNSCREEN!!!!!!! And limit your time in the sun. I can't stress this enough. If you're all for tanning, use the fake stuff. You'll thank yourself later. FYI: Tanning beds are no good; just as bad as the real thing.

Wear a hat and sunglasses when you're out. Big sunglasses protect the area under your eye.

Mosturize the face/body/hands and drink alot of water. Use a good under eye mosturizing cream too. If you smoke, stop. That will age you tremendously, not to mention the lines around the mouth from punkering.

I'm sure you've heard all this before, but reading it again can't hurt!

Bookmark   January 19, 2007 at 5:33PM
beautygirl

I agree with the sunscreen suggestions. Stay out of the sun. Nothing will make your skin look old before its time like the sun. Practice good skin care now and continue your routine as your skin ages. Sometimes when we are young we think what we use on the skin won't matter. It does, so treat it right. Here's a line of products I like http://www.dermstore.com/profile_La+Roche-Posay_100090.htm

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Coconut Oil
I have been hearing so much abut the benefits of Coconut...
mizscarlett2001
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Sponsored Products
Screw In Globe Glass Pendant Light for Dining Room
ParrotUncle
Honey-Can-Do Garment Racks Modern Adjustable Steel Garment Rack in White
$37.44 | Home Depot
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Organica Red/Multi 6 ft. x 9
Home Depot
Lettuce Knife
$4.99 | zulily
Mustee Durastone 11 Single Basin Drop In Utility Sink - 11
$71.00 | Hayneedle