What is the big to-do over Mason-Pearson hairbrushes?

michelle_phxazDecember 21, 2010

I read in a magazine tips from hair stylists that a great investment into your haircare was a Mason Pearson hairbrush. It didn't say the natural or nylon bristles were better than the other, so, being on a budget, I purchased the nylon one for $50, the natural bristle one was up to $100. It is supposed to pull the oils from your scalp to distribute the natural conditioner (oil) evenly, but all my hair did was get really static-y. I have very long, very straight, healthy thick hair so I thought this would be a no-brainer to help keep my hair healthy.

I went back to my old $3 brush and love it much better. Why do people rave about this brush, is it because the natural bristles are better which I will never know about?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

Possibly it's because the hairdressers put more wear and tear on their brushes so the high quality makes them last longer, for you and me it may not make a difference. Sorry it didn't work out, that's annoying !

Bookmark   January 12, 2011 at 5:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

Ahhh, good point. I can tell it is good quality, but I just prefer the $3 model!

Bookmark   January 12, 2011 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™