Garment/Clothes steamer

azmomDecember 16, 2006

I am thinking about to purchase a garment/clothes steamer - a Jiffy Steamer J-4000 model. Does anyone own this steamer? please share your experience. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ramrice

I've never heard of that steamer...it's not rated in Consumer Reports. However, their top pick is the Black and Decker Advantage Digital D2030 Steamer and it's only $50.

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 6:45AM
azmom

Ramrice, thank you for the inputs. The clothes steamer I am considering is an upright model, about $225.00-$250.00. It is not an clothes iron. Hopefully someone owns it will share the experience.

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 11:15PM
johnzane

Here's a review I took from another forum, I'm also looking at the Rowenta, but the 8100 has problems with keeping it's cap on, still shopping, but hope this helps:
Saw this thread and thought I'd give my 2 cents. I have worked for commercial fashion photographers for years. I have had the opportunity to work with each of the brands discussed here and have always gone back to the Jiffy J-2. The J-2 has a stand by mode, keeping the water heated, activating steam when needed. It also has an optional tailor's head, which is metal and has rounded edges, eliminating many of the creases created by the blunt edges of many of the other plastic steamer heads. Being metal, it heats very well and can be used for heavy fabrics on an ironing board. Also, there is no sputtering of steam and is very easy to disassemble to clean calcium deposits. I have owned mine since 1981 and have yet to have any problems with the J-2. The J-1, which does not have the stand by mode and is more reasonably priced, offers the metal tailor's head. Besides using my steamer for the obvious, I also use it to block wool hats and refresh knitted garments and woolens. I lightly steam woolens, then brush, eliminating the need for dry cleaning after each wear. Hope this helps, JMHO itsallused.

Bookmark   August 30, 2007 at 7:34PM
More Discussions
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™