chandeliers and other costume jewelry

Bumblebeez SC Zone 7December 31, 2004

I haven't bought any of these type of earrings yet because I keep thinking (last year!) that they would be out of style in no time. I guess there still around and I want some!

Speaking of costume jewelry, do you wear any or is it all real?

I tend to do both, with almost all of my costume being sterling as it's gotten so cheap over the years. I 'm drawn like a magnet to jewelry however. Always an easy fit!

I have drawers and drawers full of when I worked in an office and had regular, non sterling costume jewelry for each outfit.

Favorite catalog for such is Sundance. I don't have much from them but I do wear all the time the asymetrical pearl studs they carry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed30

OMG, I'm the costume jewelry QUEEN! 95% of it is vintage, and lots of fun. I've purchased it from garage sales and estate sales over the years, and also got a lot from my mom. I have one of those tall jewelry chests, chock full :)

Bookmark   January 2, 2005 at 8:33PM
BeverlyAL

Who says you're the costume jewelry queen weed#@!?@. I reserve that name for myself! Wanna fight?

I wear it all - costume, real and antique. I don't have much antique because really pretty antique is hard to find but I dearly love jewelry.

Bookmark   January 4, 2005 at 8:38PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I feel blessed to have tons of my grandmothers jewelry. She had some really nice pieces too, set in white gold and very glitzy. Too bad I don't go anywhere!

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 9:12AM
BeverlyAL

I know the feeling bumblebeez. I don't go anywhere either. I have some gorgeous old necklaces that were strickly meant for evening dress wear and I've never had a place to wear them.

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 1:37PM
chinacat_sunflower

they're on the five year plan at Saks Fifth (a friend gets their 'trendevous' newsletter, and I peek) so they're not going anywhere...

though the big thing for spring seems to be layered strands of beads- Bev, you might as well drag out those over the top pieces, and pair them up with an ultra- simple white blouse with a nice collar, that's certainly the look that they're passing around on fifth ave :)!

everything from grandmom's 'opera' strands of crystal, to great grandmom's flapper beads- in most cases, all at once, so they look like a little girl dressing up as 'Mr T' ;)

so anything we can do will look understated by comparision!

Bookmark   January 11, 2005 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Sponsored Products
Classic Home Furniture - Elizabeth Chandelier 41" Large - 56004132
Great Furniture Deal
Designers Fountain 82189 Mission Ridge 9 Light Chandelier in Warm Mahogany Finis
$698.00 | Hayneedle
George Kovacs | Earring 1-Light Bath Light
$100.00 | YLighting
Feiss Cumberland 26" Wide Brushed Steel Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Las Cruces Collection Quoizel Three Light Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Lotus Eater Tray
$11.99 | Dot & Bo
International Caravan Antique White Carved Wood Five Drawer Jewelry Cabinet
Overstock.com
Minka Lavery Downtown Edison Modern Contempo Chandelier