Fashion Help Needed

jeriDecember 13, 2011

I wear jeans, T shirts, and tennis shoes on a daily basis, but once in a while, I need to dress up. My husband's office Christmas party is Friday night. It will be held at a nice hotel, but it is not formal. Last year I wore black slacks, a black sequined tank with a light jacket of mostly black with some gold mixed in.

A) I could wear the same thing.

B) I have a simple black dress (past the knees), nothing fancy, but nice. If I wore this dress, could I wear black boots with it? I have some plain, slim black boots. Or should I wear black heals? If I go with the heals, what color stockings should I wear (I don't feel dressed up without stockings - old school)?

C) I also have a simple red dress (past the knees) - boots? Heals? If heals, what color heals and stockings? The dress is very low cut, so could I wear a lace cami with it?

Thanks for any and all help!

Jeri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pheephee85

Hi Jeri,
I'm new to the site, so I'm seeing this too late! I hope you had a great time at the Christmas party. I am curious though what you decided to wear. All of those would have been great options. I personally would have chosen B) with skin colored stockings and black heels. With that you can NEVER go wrong. Boots are cool but seemingly more casual and "street chic". The red dress would've worked especially with the Christmas theme, but red dresses tend to have a "hot" or "sexy" connotation depending on the style of the dress and I would guess with it being low cut that it might be best saved for date night with the hubby, but can be made office appropriate with a very in-style black lace cami with same style neckline.

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 5:58PM
More Discussions
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™