Check the safety of your cosmetics, soaps

purpleaaDecember 6, 2008

Apologies if I posted this earlier. I don't think I did.

I was recently SHOCKED to learn that most of our cosmetics, lotions, soaps, etc. have toxins that cause cancer and other diseases.

Even some "natural" products that claim to be nontoxic and safe! :0 Do a search--you will not believe what's in there!

Certain companies make these claims but they refuse to sign an agreement to remove the toxins from their products. Some of these toxins could be removed for pennies, and in fact, they do remove them for the versions of their same products overseas. Yet the US does not require them to remove the toxins, so they don't.

I've begun checking this database before I buy anything. I've decided to use up what I have and then try to get something less toxic. (Completely non-toxic is possible but difficult to find.) I'm giving priority to things that have the most exposure to my skin (ex.--lotion > mascara).

Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Safe Cosmetics Database

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iloveexercise

I tend not to believe hype like this.I will take my chances,thanks.

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 3:17PM
mitchdesj

I just spent some time checking out that website; it seems that all fragrances are toxic, they score 8 out of 10 for toxicity , at the very least. The site then links you to Amazon to buy those products, which I find a little weird.

I assume that the the toxicity of the products was tested under normal use, I did not see what they consider normal use on the site.

Do we store toxins absorbed by our skin, does our body break them down and release them.

I can understand that spraying cologne on yourself, you breathe some of it in; I'm more concerned with creams and things that are absorbed by the skin over time.

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 7:26AM
Mo

Cosmeticsinfo.org is the resource that I prefer to use.

Here is a link that might be useful: cosmeticsinfo.org

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™