Need gloves! Painful arthritis/injury & cold makes it worse.

dldm1123December 16, 2005

Don't know if this is the place to post but I'm looking for gloves that will keep my hands warm without sacrificing the ability to use them while the gloves are on. Can't wear big bulky ones b/c my I'm right-handed (which is where I recently fractured a bone by the wrist) & I can't even seem to write with big gloves on. I also have arthritis in both hands(finger joints) and an old boxer's fracture on my left. The cold with me being boney to say the least feels like it freezes both hands to the bones but this right hands is esp. painful. That one will shoot pain from my pinkie to halfway up my arm. Anyone know of any gloves that are thin yet efficient?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodie2

I unfortunately can't attest to these yet, but my DH just ordered the heat saving gloves from Hammacher Schlemmer. His hands are always very, very cold recently, we don't know why. I'll report back after he receives them and tries them, but I don't know how long that will take. Good luck to you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hammacher Shlemmer

Bookmark   December 16, 2005 at 6:18PM
dldm1123

Thank you. Please do let me know how well they work for him. Ironic they always say "Cold hands, warm heart!", but this is a bit extreme.

Bookmark   December 16, 2005 at 7:00PM
Joy_CA

You might want to check out the following gloves....
My husband wears them. The finger tips are out, letting you pick-up objects write, etc. My husband said that they keep his hands warm....even though the finger tips are out.

Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Gloves

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 2:01PM
centralcacyclist

These are great for indoor use. I used to use them when I used a mouse all the time. They reduced the hand strain and pain enormously and kept my small thin hands warm.

Drugstore.com carries them. So does Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Handeze gloves

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 2:45PM
dldm1123

Sorry for the reply delay, it's been a hectic holiday season. Thank you for the responses. I went to the Orthopedic MD last week & he scheduled an MRI to be done on the hand/wrist area. He saw no broken/fractured parts on the x-ray but he knows there's some kind of damage b/c my pinkie turns a bluish color and stays colder than the other fingers, not to mention somethings clicking in my hand whereas it shouldn't be. He's thinking carpel tunnell or damaged nerve. What a bummer! Well life goes on & I have 2 boys(6 year old & 20 months old)to love & care for. Thanks again for the help! Dana

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 11:13AM
annbarbara

Dana, good luck to you! The gloves from Hammacher Schlemmer were sent back - Ken wore them several times on his 3 mile daily walk and they're not any better than his regular gloves. So, he sent them back.

Woodie
(my old name of Woodie has disappeared, and Ann Barbara has replaced it, temporarily I hope!)

Bookmark   January 7, 2006 at 2:29PM
BeverlyAL

I'm told if you wear whatever gloves you find at during the hours you sleep it will help the arthritis in your hands. Good luck.

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 5:32AM
chinacat_sunflower

I second the hand-eze gloves. they're thin, but hold a surprisingly amount of heat right around the wrists where I need it most.

barring that, look in to tennis, biking, or weight-lifting gloves that have half-fingers. they tend to have good 'grip' for grabbing things, and don't get in the way.

Bookmark   January 10, 2006 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™